Cafe Racer Forum banner

250champ hurtin'

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  joe c 
#1 ·
Update for youse guys.

As I'm sure you know if you saw John Strempfer's post from last night, the crash he had in T11 on Monday turned out to be far more serious then originally thought. He's still in the hospital in Concord, NH and might get released by Friday or Saturday.

If anybody wants to give him a call. Just ask for the crazy fuck who's driving the nurses wild. He's in good spirits, but he realizes he's all done with racing. Maybe do track days, but that's it. It's a shame, as maybe it didn't have to happen. This was not an incident of just a single rider's bad judgment. There was contact prior to the crash.

It was brought to my attention after the event that the rule book calls for inquiries for such instances. I'm afraid that, due to a lack of training, neither Peter or myself undertook any inquiry. This issue will probably come up for review at the Director's meeting this winter.

Anyway, he says, "hi!" and hopes to see everyone at the banquet.

Jim

Edited by - joe c on Sep 04 2003 11:19:21 PM

See less See more
#4 ·
this is information im forwwarding to you from the board. i only regurgitate what im told. there was also something posted about him having past heart problems and not feeling the idea of taking another chance was too swift. it'd be too bad to see him quit. hes a decent rider and definitely safe on the track. we need people like that out there. but i think itd be an oppertunity for aaron to ride a ducati. i bet if john quit, hed let you ride. i hope he heals quickly and has a good recovery.

give him a call later this weekend aaron. let us know whats happening.

jc

Edited by - joe c on Sep 05 2003 10:21:56 PM

#5 ·
I like John a lot and think if it would suck if he quit, but 2 things. I wouldn't wanna ride John's Ducati unless he was still racing, and the other thing is... he knows better than to let me ride it. The last bike he let me ride I crashed before it got out on the track.

Aaron

#6 ·
oh thats right.....i heard mike borrowed a bike over the weekend and crashed it too.

doh!

i think it'd take alot of will to not race again once you feel healthy. and the scare it gave him will soften with time. but with a repeated incident, maybe hes just had enough. hopefully he'll be back out. johns a good rider and i like being on the track with him. he's safe, fast, and consistant.

jc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.