Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having 8 pairs of 305/450 race compound shoes done up in the UK. These are full length, bonded shoes. Couple of USCRA'ers use them already. Less aggresive than Vintage Brake stuff, more linear in my opinion, not as grabby, but also not as quick to bite. Zero fade, not as temp sensitive as the VB stuff. I use'em, I like'em.
Price will be $90 a set (+shipping from my house to yours), arc'd to match your drum ID. Exchange rate and shipping is a bitch right now.
Order should be done in Feb.
I think two sets are gone already....so let me know.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
569 Posts
do you need the wheel up there...?..hey I'll trade ya a neat old Remington .22 auto ..... oops wrong thread..

dch.

I love the smell of castor oil in the morning, but I have a Honda....

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't need the wheel if you can measure the drum ID. It will be in the area of 7.9" so you'll need a larger caliper....or take it to a place that turns drums and have them measure it. Make sure it's not more than about .005" out of round, and that it doesn't need to be turned. Most 305/450 Hubs I've come across are pretty freakin round, and usually don't need turning unless they've sat outside for many years.
To check for out of round, line up the caliper with the inside ribs one way, then move the caliper 90 degrees and take another measurement. If you are real anal...clamp the axle in a vise and put an indicator on the inside surface of the drum and spin the wheel...lets you know how far off the ID is compared to the axle (bent hub etc.).
Got a Ruger 10-22 so the .22 semi auto is covered :)
Thanks,
JohnnyB

·
Registered
227 Posts
quote:
I'm having 8 pairs of 305/450 race compound shoes done up in the UK. These are full length, bonded shoes. Couple of USCRA'ers use them already. Less aggresive than Vintage Brake stuff, more linear in my opinion, not as grabby, but also not as quick to bite. Zero fade, not as temp sensitive as the VB stuff. I use'em, I like'em.
Price will be $90 a set (+shipping from my house to yours), arc'd to match your drum ID. Exchange rate and shipping is a bitch right now.
Order should be done in Feb.
I think two sets are gone already....so let me know.
JohnnyB
I'll take a set for the 305. Will send you the drum ID. When do you need that?
Thanks

Dreamqueen
USCRA #305

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beth,
I'll get the drum ID from you before I ship them from my shop to you (about two months from now). You might have to get someone to measure it for you. Although the drum ID's of most 305/450 Hondas are within about .010" of each other so often I can just arc a set using the factory ID.
If you get a chance, email me, I use my email to generate my customer lists for various things.
Thanks,
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks bro, still have about four sets left (that I want to part with). Also one set of T500 shoes.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks bro, still have about four sets left (that I want to part with). Also one set of T500 shoes.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
yo rosko! are you doing brake jobs? arcing shoes, turning down drums, etc.....?

if so give me a shout. i think bucky might be interested in those T500 shoes and a bit of setup on his titan brake.

i mentioned it to him this past thursday.

cheers,

tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
yo rosko! are you doing brake jobs? arcing shoes, turning down drums, etc.....?

if so give me a shout. i think bucky might be interested in those T500 shoes and a bit of setup on his titan brake.

i mentioned it to him this past thursday.

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If there is interest I have two T-500 front brake cables. One stock brand new,the other I used for a season or so and has been shortened to fit my FCB with drag bars. Some new Ferodo shoes to I think.I'll look and I am open to offers.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If there is interest I have two T-500 front brake cables. One stock brand new,the other I used for a season or so and has been shortened to fit my FCB with drag bars. Some new Ferodo shoes to I think.I'll look and I am open to offers.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a T500 wheel & brake plate complete, except the linning's come unbonded. The hub looks good (I can't see any cracks), spokes and rim are nasty, it all needs cleaning! Probably one of you racers need it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts