Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
ya know midge, pretty bikes like that like pavement when you are racing . . .

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grazie Tex

Well I slid the rieju across turn 3 at vintage celebration, so I’m hoping I have better luck with the Honda, we will see soon enough

Nope no mv, it’s my Yamaha with a really cool set of pipes, I believe they are made by the same company that makes the mv pipes

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
midge, not trying to jinx you or anything, it's one of the coolest bikes there. RACE IT like you wanna win! I have found that racing pretty bikes is a LOT of work and really takes its toll on a bike.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Hey Midge,

Sweet 350! I noticed your Jersey tag and checked your profile. You're in Hopatcong! I live in Wharton. Do you ever go to the bike night at the Chatterbox?

Jim

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dimondj -i just got home from the chatterbox, i go just about every Thursday

imslow - i have seen your bikes and they looked pretty sharp to me, i hear what you saying but the deal is i started building the bike before finding out about uscra, then i found out i could race this thing, and by then it was too late to make it ugly, i just want it to start pretty after that anything goes.

and a wise little old man once said if your going to ride one, ride the pretty one, right champ

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:
and a wise little old man once said if your going to ride one, ride the pretty one, right champ
Nice looking bike! Now, if you are talking about Champ in the quote above.... I see little, I see old, but wise...? really?

Miss you JS.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Funny thing is, a friend just sent me that JC catalog the other day and was wondeering if those were them (12" shorty's). Sweet - I like it. Thanks a million for letting me see it installed as I maybe going with that same stock set up you have there.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
my pretty bike is now a season old, knock on p-lam!!! cool bike. looks like fun. unfortunately i see a car backing itno it in a parking lot, or it being wadded in t-2, with will make it less fun for street riding. but nice work on having a street bike and race bike. not easy to do.

jc

·
Registered
19 Posts
MIDGE is your tank and seat from omar's? if so, ive had my eye on the clubman tank but have never seen it on a bike before. i like that thank.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts