Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11,783 Posts
if they both go up and down at the same time, its a 360. (triumphs and early type1 only honda twins i think right?) I could have that all backwards though. at least i was told that the type1 hondas were 360 cranks. i have yet to actually look to see on the 2 i have still together.

if one goes, then the other, its a 180. so each cyl would fire at 180°. if they both go up and down, they still fire at 180° right?? or youd have like a kawa/duc big bang motor. so does it relate to cam timing, or crank config? i always thought crank figuration. since you can vary cam timing and valve overlap.

you could also just wire the ig to fire both sides, but youd have the cam timing all out of whack. itd be interesting to hear a twin with the correct timing on one cyl, then the 180° out on the other. triples is where it gets real weird. and v-twins. im sure the v5's of gp have some really weird crank configurations if you looked at it from a classic point of view.

j

· Registered
11,783 Posts
stan lippert told me the type one motors all had different cranks. i thought the type1 designation was a first model year thing but he corrected me and said that the type 1 motors were not all first model year bikes but ones that had the 180(ooops sorry, 360°) crank. at least thats what i though he was saying. the cp77 305 that mikes talking about is a type1. and of course they made type1 cb350's. i thought a type 1 was automatically a fat cam model, so when i sent stan 2 heads from type 1 motors, he said only 1 was a 68 head even though the other was still a type1. (all 68 cb350 motors had 6mm exhaust studs, thats how you can tell) ill check the other type1/68 cb350 motor i have tomorrow and see what it does, if anyones interested.

jc

Edited by - joe c on Dec 10 2006 12:12:55 AM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.