Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking what would be cooler my 4-1 with the headerwrap or 4-4 slash cut right under my bike with headerwrap and removable baffles? I can make the 4-4 pretty easily out of my stock 4-2 exhaust. It may be louder too, but the removable baffles should quiet her down some. What does everyone think? Oh and loud noises don't bother me, I drive a 72 Olds 442 with glasspacks everyday and I'm 22

22/m
1980 Honda CB750
1972 Oldsmobile 442

·
Registered
15 Posts
explain slash cutting to me, ive got a 4-2 also and thinking of doing something creative...

1975 CB550 Cafe-in-progress

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
you can still get the vance and hines 4 into 1 on ebay, new and pretty cheap. It is a good pipe but it hangs a little low for hardcore corner carving. Also I am pretty sure SOHC cb750 drag pipes will fit your DOHC model.

Stock exhaust is heavy, but un rotted through examples are getting scarce. Go look around your oldest bike shop in town, if he is nayhting like mine he'll have a dusty old aftermarket pipe hanging on the wall.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
quote:
explain slash cutting to me, ive got a 4-2 also and thinking of doing something creative...

Slash cut refers to a pipe or muffler with the end cut at a diagonal, also refered to as a baloney cut.

FR

·
Registered
15 Posts
quote:
quote:

Slash cut refers to a pipe or muffler with the end cut at a diagonal, also refered to as a baloney cut.

FR
and that is done prior to the mufflers/baffles?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Do a 4 into 1 and loose the "cannon" and u will be happy..

ProTeal55
Member: Ton-Up Club Chicago
1972 CB750 Hooligan/Street Fighter -4 SALE !
1974 CB/CL450 Cafe/Bar/Stripclub Racer - 4 SALE !
1955 Chevrolet Bel-Air Hardtop

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
no slash cut, bad for motor, bad for ears, bad for heat under bike, bad to the bone but bad living with .Bad to start up and go for a ride ,bad to come home late,bad ..I mean good ,for attracting police officers.bad for sparks and fires.

Just silly,proper exhaust sounds good to the soul!
And high heat white no wrap .the white exhaust with all the flat black you have going on will look good.get googles and a cup/style wire wheel for yout grinder and get some tooth on your old fourinto one then hang them up and shoot them with high heat white header paint in light coats let dry dont get all rushy ,light coat wait wait another light coat wait wait another light coat and use gloves not your bare hands hanging them so oils from your hands dont get on the thin layers of paint start it up let it cook alittle and shut it down cool and fire it up again burn off the fumes.touch up with a light dusting as needed and bamm you got cool sounding and cool looking pipes.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

Edited by - LiLBull on May 30 2007 6:29:12 PM

·
Registered
453 Posts
yes the header wrap looks cool and from what i've experienced is worth a horsepower or 2, BUT the heat that is held in the pipes instead of radiating out tends to destroy a set of pipes fairly quick.

some people are like slinkies, basically useless but they still make me smile when i push them down the stairs

·
Registered
15 Posts
im thinking, without much experience, so correct me if im wrong but city (stop and go) driving with header wrap would be much nicer than without header wrap on a hot day...

Adam

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I had a Yosh 4 into 1 on my old 750f, it sounded sweet. I've got a buddy that has a KZ1000 with unbaffled slash cut drag pipes. It's stupid loud.

You're not out much if you cut up your stock exhaust, doesn't look like it's that perfect. I'd have to see it done to have an opinion as far as styling. You're gonna have to really work at baffling it though. Might make your CV carbs a little tough to tune.

04 KDX 200
05 KX 250f- SOLD!
01 GSXR 750
75 GT 550
68 Chevelle
Wanted: 86 FZ600 w/OEM paint

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've got a CB750 Chopper in the shop I'm putting a Dyna S on right now. It's got 4 into 4 slash cut MAC's on it and it runs and sounds like crap! I know the ignition and some carb jetting will help but, wow, it's really annoying.

I've got a custom 4 into 1 with a Supertrapp on my KZ1000 and that thing wails! I'd go 4 into 1 any day.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I have 4 into four drags on my 550 chop and it sounds awsome and runs just ok. I would get more performance out of a 4 into one but the 4 drags coming out just look so darn cool.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 79 cb750 dohc drag bike with big bore high comp. and cams. It has a 4 to 1 vance and hines drag megaphone system and it is defning loud. With a custom made baffle i have it is a little better but i loose like 2 ponies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts