Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in. Arriving July 3rd late. Will NHMS allow us to campout Saturday night?

Looks like the FCB grid is going to be huge. It is going to be like a motocross start/run for T1.

Tim, mailing you the head this evening after work.

Pete

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I am in for July 4th, my maiden voyage--have one of carls track days and last years race school. I am scared shitless.....

Trying the endurance race with team new guy (or maybe Midge or Pete will come up with a clever name). Probably will do the FCB too.

Plan on going over the bike this weekend--I don't think it has been run since Dream Queen got black flagged at one of last falls open days at NMS.

Still hoping someone will tell me what mufflers to get to run on the orginal high pipes.

Jack

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I am in for July 4th, my maiden voyage--have one of carls track days and last years race school. I am scared shitless.....

Trying the endurance race with team new guy (or maybe Midge or Pete will come up with a clever name). Probably will do the FCB too.

Plan on going over the bike this weekend--I don't think it has been run since Dream Queen got black flagged at one of last falls open days at NMS.

Still hoping someone will tell me what mufflers to get to run on the orginal high pipes.

Jack

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by JackC

Jack
ROSKO, help Jack out. What do you run on your CB?

Endurance. Well Jack, Midge? I think Midge's CB is too pretty for a wanker like me to sit on, Jack's bike seems to be questionable with no muffler, and my bike does not have an alternator and does a direct drain from the battery (so I don't think it will run an Endurance). What are our options for the Endurance/Team New Guy. Jack, do you have the stock muffler. Stock is better then none. :)

Pete

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by JackC

Jack
ROSKO, help Jack out. What do you run on your CB?

Endurance. Well Jack, Midge? I think Midge's CB is too pretty for a wanker like me to sit on, Jack's bike seems to be questionable with no muffler, and my bike does not have an alternator and does a direct drain from the battery (so I don't think it will run an Endurance). What are our options for the Endurance/Team New Guy. Jack, do you have the stock muffler. Stock is better then none. :)

Pete

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Peter,

My bike DOES have mufflers. Right now it is a two into two low pipe setup with loud! mufflers. I want the high pipes because with the low pipes on it I can't lower the angle of the brake and shift levers. Now the levers are pretty much horizontal and a little cumbersome to use.

Midges bike is too pretty for me to crasj, so if mine is good to go we should use it. If we have a mishap it is no big deal.

You guys might not like my chinese dunlop knock offs, but the previous owner, Kevin Campbell, does pretty good with them on his other bikes.

Jack

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Peter,

My bike DOES have mufflers. Right now it is a two into two low pipe setup with loud! mufflers. I want the high pipes because with the low pipes on it I can't lower the angle of the brake and shift levers. Now the levers are pretty much horizontal and a little cumbersome to use.

Midges bike is too pretty for me to crasj, so if mine is good to go we should use it. If we have a mishap it is no big deal.

You guys might not like my chinese dunlop knock offs, but the previous owner, Kevin Campbell, does pretty good with them on his other bikes.

Jack

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
quote:not to worry.......you guys wont be going fast enough to put heat in the tires anyway!!!
i think cathy smith has a hair drier you could borrow. fixed someon's leaking gas tank at the second giro by doing the marine-tex-30minute-turbo-set-program with it. probabley could throw some heat into some tires too.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
quote:not to worry.......you guys wont be going fast enough to put heat in the tires anyway!!!
i think cathy smith has a hair drier you could borrow. fixed someon's leaking gas tank at the second giro by doing the marine-tex-30minute-turbo-set-program with it. probabley could throw some heat into some tires too.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by parks61

Champ also assisted me in the hair-dryer apoxy fix on the wankermobile last year after I went down. We used Jersey Girl's hair dryer that time. I think the Smith family is going to start renting out the hair-dryers for some extra cash.

Second, we're team New Guy. We won't know whether we're "slow" until after the race starts. I ain't saying yes, I ain't saying no. But, we are going to have fun.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quote:Originally posted by parks61

Champ also assisted me in the hair-dryer apoxy fix on the wankermobile last year after I went down. We used Jersey Girl's hair dryer that time. I think the Smith family is going to start renting out the hair-dryers for some extra cash.

Second, we're team New Guy. We won't know whether we're "slow" until after the race starts. I ain't saying yes, I ain't saying no. But, we are going to have fun.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
i'm in....just hope i can get my bike fixed by then.

cheers,

tex

1 - 20 of 127 Posts