Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I managed to spend a reasonable amount of time riding 5 of the bikes in the current stable. Had to run errands on the Bandit in the morning. Then got the CB125 out for some road testing. Then switched the battery from that to the Super 90 to see if it would go, sure enough, got that on the road for enough time to see what it'll need to be roadworthy. Hacked around the yard on the XR100. Then took a nice hour plus ride on the V65TT Moto Guzzi. Came back and finished a backyard jump for the XR100 and tested it. (2nd/3rd gear roller) Could've fired up at least 2 more dirt bikes, but there was a beer with my name on it.
Not a bad day...

FR

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
so....did it take you til now to recover and post the news?

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
so....did it take you til now to recover and post the news?

jc

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah, just had time to reflect on it I guess. I'm still looking forward to the day that I can start and ride every bike in the stable. When I had two or three bikes it was no big deal. With 10 or more it gets tricky...

What outdoor series are you running? Is it still a shorttrack? Let me know if you need anything, not that I have a lot, but I do have a 16" front wheel if you want to run a phat RR tire up front.

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, just had time to reflect on it I guess. I'm still looking forward to the day that I can start and ride every bike in the stable. When I had two or three bikes it was no big deal. With 10 or more it gets tricky...

What outdoor series are you running? Is it still a shorttrack? Let me know if you need anything, not that I have a lot, but I do have a 16" front wheel if you want to run a phat RR tire up front.

FR

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
http://bctra.com/

short track outside. around the "pony ring"

chris and i will be running our xr's again. i bought 17's for mine, but i dont want any kind of an advantage over chris. were pretty much running the same bikes, and its fun that way. stock wheels with the b-stones. although, he has the bbr kit in his. but i dont think it makes that much of a difference there. and ill have mine in soon. plus his suspension is shot. the rear linkage smashes around like ya read about. but thanks anyway. im sure well get our clocks cleaned again, but its still fun. im hoping to make the finals this outting. we'll see. its kind of intimidating bashing bars with 3 guys you dont know. as im sure you know. i need to get a steal shoe. hmmm....ill be sure to put up results and pics as it happens.

joe

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
http://bctra.com/

short track outside. around the "pony ring"

chris and i will be running our xr's again. i bought 17's for mine, but i dont want any kind of an advantage over chris. were pretty much running the same bikes, and its fun that way. stock wheels with the b-stones. although, he has the bbr kit in his. but i dont think it makes that much of a difference there. and ill have mine in soon. plus his suspension is shot. the rear linkage smashes around like ya read about. but thanks anyway. im sure well get our clocks cleaned again, but its still fun. im hoping to make the finals this outting. we'll see. its kind of intimidating bashing bars with 3 guys you dont know. as im sure you know. i need to get a steal shoe. hmmm....ill be sure to put up results and pics as it happens.

joe

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds cool, I'd like to see the track. Looks like they have a ton of kiddy classes, which is great if you have a kid, but slows the program down. I'm surprised there's no Vintage class...
Good luck, and remember, good start, elbows up, weight centered, head up, concentrate, don't crash, inside line and don't pay no attention to the guy banging into you! You'll be fine.

FR

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the little kids are the best part. last december, in the 50 little kids race, there was a crasher on a ktm who got back on his bike. but before he got on, he hit the gas and started to run to jump on. well, the thing got away from him and started dragging him across the floor. the crowd went wild. screaming and laughing pointing. well, the referee had to run across the middle of the track and slide tackle the kid to prevent him from crossing the track and geting t-boned. it was hilarious. the little kid was hanging off the side of the bike as its dragging him, but the best part was he was pickng up cones in his armpit and dragging those too. just hilarious. the crowd just went crazy cheering. too funny. the little kids are great to watch though. they fall down and cry and stomp and dont want to go anymore. definitely the highlight of the races. and the parents, there can be 300 people there, but one fat lady will yell louder than every single person combined to cheer on her 4 year old.

jc

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup. I remember it all. One of the guys I used to race loaned me a video tape of the season's races. His best friend's wife had done all the video. It's too painfull to watch. She has the zoom on and just follows whoever it is she's taping, you don't see anyone else on the track, and she's yelling and hollering and whooping the whole time.
I guess it is kind of funny now that I think about it...they probably have stacks and stacks of video that all looks and sounds the same. Imagine when their friends come over and she say's "let's watch some racing video!"

FR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts