Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

A few months ago, I stumbled onto a non-English site that had tons of 50cc full-faring racers. They were amazing little bikes that looked super light.

Does anyone happen to know what I'm talking about? I'd love to have a look at the website again, but I've since lost the link. Any info on these bikes is well appreciated!

I have it in my head that my next bike will be a scratch-built 7/8 scale bike. I can't decide if I want to build a more complex bike with a Yamaha YZ250F motor. I'm also considering a smaller, 2 stroke motor and using mountain bike parts like high end forks, calipers, mono rear damper, etc.

--Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that link. That's not the one I'm looking for, but there are some good ideas on there just the same.

--Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that link. That's not the one I'm looking for, but there are some good ideas on there just the same.

--Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cannot remember if it was Dutch or Italian. I found a good link on another forum, but in the end, it wasn't the one I was looking for. The website I'm looking has brief descriptions and tons of pics of people riding faring-clad, super small displacement bikes. The frames and overall style was what I was looking for.

The bike above is amazing!! Where do I find more info on it? That is very similar to what I had in mind only I would un a full faring and a monoshock,

Speaking of mono's since I last posted, I found minimono's, which is very similar to what I had in mind. I want to build my own frame though and run vintage farings.

--Many thanks, Chris

·
Registered
699 Posts
it wasn't metrakit was it? metrakit builds racers from i think 50cc to 125cc, and kid that i ride with races them. google them and see what you find. i know he has an 80cc bike and 125cc in his garage

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Indeed. That is one of the coolest bikes I've seen. The craftsmanship is amazing.

--Chris

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
That's a kick ass bike but the numbers are illegal. They are not 6 inches tall. I'll protest your ass for the next race.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
bla bla bla... numbers are too small.

fine, i will cut up some carbon sheet stock i have kickin around and build some stealthy plates for larger legal numbers

and fab up a titanium faring mount while i am at it

party time

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
btw... the problem with the cool 50cc frames on that dutch site is that the bikes are so low ... you need to hire gumby to ride it... i wanted to put this thing together because i couldn't get confortable on the rieju chassis. this bike is smallish scale but also large enough for me to stretch out and chill

matt

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
matt. you could always put the numbers ont the tank. or does it say it has to be on the tailsection?

j

1 - 20 of 25 Posts