Cafe Racer Forum banner

5K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  texmawby 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Good Morning!

Hello!

1) Can you do leather/ostrich/shark/himalayan blue balled yak skin?
a)max thickness?
b)sewing machine stitching or laced whatever thru punched holes?
c)roll pleat?
d)piping?

2) Can you do does rivet things that will mean I can snap the cover on and off?

3) Can you do the same rivet snap things in fiberglass?

4) Will you be gentle with my seat?

5) Will it come back to me infused with multiple scratch and sniff areas?

quote:Originally posted by girlnamedgo

hey, if you're unsure about that seat cover, i can sew you up a real nice one at the cost of materials. feel free to e-mail me about that!
that bike is a perfect starting point for a project. can't wait to see more pics as you work on it!
and why are you up at 3am?

#6 ·
quote:Originally posted by LUKESTER

quote:Originally posted by girlnamedgo

hey, if you're unsure about that seat cover, i can sew you up a real nice one at the cost of materials. feel free to e-mail me about that!
that bike is a perfect starting point for a project. can't wait to see more pics as you work on it!
and why are you up at 3am?
hey, what do your covers look like? It's 2am here. Im an insomniac. Whats your excuse?
i suppose i should get some photos of some that i've done.. the covers can look any way you want them to look. i was up because apparently i'm an insomniac as well

#9 ·
It looks really good, but if I may impart some advice. I think the seat wouldn't look so bad if maybe you shortened up that rear fender. Also, the engine cover needs to be cleaned up and maybe paint either it or the chain cover to match each other? Also, the exhaust needs a change. the cables need to be rerouted. Oh, and can you shorten those bars (clubmans)?

Don't get me wrong, the bike looks great, this is just my $.02, for what that's worth!

#14 ·
Lukester,

The clubmans thing is a long drawn out affair on this list. Don't worry about it. Some people use clubmans, others use clip-ons, and others use drag bars. You may find that riding your bike with stock position foot pegs and clubman bars will soon cause a backache. Or you may be young and not worry about such things. If you wanted to use clip-ons you'd need to remove the upper fork covers.

Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.