Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, First off I love the new stuff on the site. I've started a new job and have not been able to make it on here much lately. What are your opinions on the Honda 599? I've got one(2004) in my area with 3 miles on it for a price tag around $5000. I like the looks, but do any of you know anything else? I know the motor is a de-tuned cbr600f3. let me know what you do please.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
$5000 for what is essentially a new bike is a good deal. You couldn't get an SV for that. Personally I don't like the bike but I don't like SV650s either so I am just weird. I see a lot of them in the city, mostly as commuter bikes.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I like the 599s, I was about to buy one last year but I decided not to cause that would take away from the CB750/442 fund

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I'm just looking for a commuter. Around here everyone seems to think they need a rocket. I have honestly never seen a 599 on the street around here. I think I'm going to buy it this weekend, if they have not sold it already. There was a message saying that I needed to call the dealer when I got home tonight. I'll keep you posted as to how everything works out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
hey dart,

if it's a dealership, be sure to negotiate in OTD (out the door, no taxes, fees, etc) prices....don't let them rape you with all sorts of retarded made up fees...!

i offered 6,000 OTD for my sv650 (new in '05), and had to sit through about 4 "manager visits" before i finally left...then i got a cell phone call saying it was good to go....sometimes you just have to call their bluff.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, they sold it out from under me. I left the dealership about a half hour before they closed to come back and work everything out in the morning and they sold it before I got back. Kinda sucks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Dart7383

Yeah, they sold it out from under me. I left the dealership about a half hour before they closed to come back and work everything out in the morning and they sold it before I got back. Kinda sucks.
Don't worry they have more left overs.....somewhere!

Really,I hate dealing with dealers and some of them are even partial associates,but they know I still don't like to deal. If that dealer REALLY wanted to work with you and have you as a customer they could FIND another 599 from somewhere else.

Dealers(smart ones at least) want long time and loyal customers not a one time bike buyer that they never see again. So,even if it's a kinda of love hate(maybe too strong of words?) it's still a relationship. They want repeat business/customers and will(should) cater more to those customers who they feel will give them more business in the future beyond just buying the bike.

Do they WANT to sell a bike....YES,but they also want that bike purchase to lead to you buying other stuff and maybe using their shop/maintenance services sometime down the road as well.

The 599 is NOT a huge seller like the latest and greatest sport bikes,SV650,KLR650 or Shadow 750 etc.. They want to get them out the door as fast as possible because they are in-house stock that Honda makes them carry.

Even though they may not have to order anymore after they sell the ones they have they still don't want the ones on the floor taking up room for the better selling sport bikes,dirt bikes,quads and cruisers.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
go see if your local ducati dealer has any GT1000 leftovers. Ducati has just dropped a ton of incentives and I am pretty sure you could walk out of there with a sportclassic for less than $9K financed.

if you troll the ducati.ms forums they will occasionally post where dealers have screaming deals.

a buddy of mine just bought a 2005 sv650 from out local dealer with 9K on the clock for $3500. I think that is a deal (even if I don't like the sv).

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
my buddy did the engine compartment of his honda race car in hot rod flatz. It is a nice paint.

I think this flat black thing has been done to death but that is just me, apparently, since there is no shortage of rockabilly wannabees who want to paint everything flat black they can get their hands on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts