Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ripped out all the wriring of a 125 cc single motorbike. Originally 6 v electrics. Can I run a 12v battery to a 12v coil and use the same points and condenser or do I have to have a 12v condenser? There are no lights involved in this question I just want to know ignition.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i know you can run a 12v condensor. or better yet get the dyna ign booster control. it charges up faster then a condensor and put out more power to the coil. what you going to do for charging. or is this a race bike and your going to be charging with a battery tender.

im working on converting a 74 cb125s to 12 volt. so i can run brighter lights and a high energy ign. with dyna IGN. boost control and mini coil. with solid cooper core plug wire.

let me now how it runs with the 12 volt setup your going for.

motorcycle nut. anything that i can take and make it go fast.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a race bike I just want to run the engine worrying about lights later. 124cc Gilera 1966.
going to put this electronic ignition on later after I get the cash. (not my bike . . . but this is what it'll look like.) see the ignition on the crank.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i have no clue when it comes that bike. I found for my little cb125 that a company in china makes a copy of the little honda engine and they use a 12 volt cdi system. I got some of these parts on order from an importer. also the importer is sending my a blown-up engine to see if any of the other parts might cross over and fit. we will see when its time. good luck on your 12 volt conversion.

motorcycle nut. anything that i can take and make it go fast.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
evil, i run my ducati race bike with 12v batt and accell coil running the orig 6v points and condenser-total loss. don't know about how it would charge the 12v batt being the alternator/generator is 6v

JS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts