Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out this morning, it's official, I broke my ankle last Thursday. Distal fibula. I'm done 'til August.
Faack.
I shouldn't have been riding at all, my head and heart weren't in it, but I ignored the subtle signs and geared up anyway. 5 minutes into it I crashed. Low speed washout, but my right foot caught the dirt and snapped 90 degrees. I actually got up and rode a little further down the trail and crashed again, don't even know why or how. Got back on the bike, took the shortest way to the truck and loaded it up and went the hell home.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Nice thing is that its only a right foot...who needs rear brakes??!!??

·
Registered
854 Posts
Nice thing is that its only a right foot...who needs rear brakes??!!??

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
That sucks. Well at least it's not like it's riding/racing season or anything. Oops, sorry. Bad joke.

I admire your thoroughness though.
quote:I shouldn't have been riding at all, my head and heart weren't in it, but I ignored the subtle signs and geared up anyway. 5 minutes into it I crashed. Low speed washout, but my right foot caught the dirt and snapped 90 degrees. I actually got up and rode a little further down the trail and crashed again, don't even know why or how
So you break your foot, and just to make sure it's a shitty day, you get back on and crash again? Like I say, you just don't see that kind of commitment, thoroughness, and attention to detail these days. I'm always telling the kids; if you're going to do something, do it with gusto.

Sorry man, just a little good natured ball busting.

Heal quick, take it easy.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
That sucks. Well at least it's not like it's riding/racing season or anything. Oops, sorry. Bad joke.

I admire your thoroughness though.
quote:I shouldn't have been riding at all, my head and heart weren't in it, but I ignored the subtle signs and geared up anyway. 5 minutes into it I crashed. Low speed washout, but my right foot caught the dirt and snapped 90 degrees. I actually got up and rode a little further down the trail and crashed again, don't even know why or how
So you break your foot, and just to make sure it's a shitty day, you get back on and crash again? Like I say, you just don't see that kind of commitment, thoroughness, and attention to detail these days. I'm always telling the kids; if you're going to do something, do it with gusto.

Sorry man, just a little good natured ball busting.

Heal quick, take it easy.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all. X-rays are being mailed to me, I'll try to post 'em.
I'll bet I can beat Rossi!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all. X-rays are being mailed to me, I'll try to post 'em.
I'll bet I can beat Rossi!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quote:Originally posted by UngaWunga

oof. Was the crash at least cool looking?
Ha! No. I picture it kind of like the guy (Arte Johnson?) riding the tricycle on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in. (period joke, I just looked for it on youtube, couldn't find it)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quote:Originally posted by UngaWunga

oof. Was the crash at least cool looking?
Ha! No. I picture it kind of like the guy (Arte Johnson?) riding the tricycle on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in. (period joke, I just looked for it on youtube, couldn't find it)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts