Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the start on my Spitfire build, not a lot of extras to begin with so it is going to be a Cafe style bike. I picked the boke up for 700bucks with the intent of making a Bobber style bike, but 72 hours before I was going to take the grinder to the bike I talked with an old brit bike guy and he told me it was a rarer bike and frame. So I checked around a bit and decided to go the cafe route vs cutting it apart keeping the frame as original as possible. I will turn the hornet engine into a bobber later on.

rough roller but it is an original spitfire frame unmolested

Matching numbers spitfire engine and a spare 66 hornet engine.

Will update photots as the build/rebuild goes.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I'd probably pass the 66 hornet onto somebody that wanted to build a hornet.... thinking either 65 or 66 were not matching numbers

then I'd find a late large stud engine to build a custom with

they have much better goodies inside as well... nitrided gears and stuff like that.... better crankcase venting

all the important upgrades that matter

is the front rim bent?

looks like you'll be hunting a pile of bits

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
front rim is fine, rear needs a new axle.

Yeah hunting a ton of parts to be honest.
Picked up a tank. going to go with drag bars, got a set of 930 amals with throttle , got pegs, side covers.

I am going to smooth the fenders then paint them since they are beat to hell atm for the most part but fixable.

I need a seatpan or a seat and a right side cover and then just to start putting thing together in a slow methodic way.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got a set of carbs off of egay.

30 year old gas dust inside lol took a bit to clean out the small parts.

started to make it shine a bit

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i spent 88 bucks on parts for rebuilding my carbs, took 22 min to put them back together when the parts got here last night. 4 bucks a min, I could of saved a penny a min calling a 900 number haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts