Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason Lee (My Name is Earl, Alvin & the Chipmunks, Kevin Smith movies) bought this from me and now wanted a bigger bike, so I built him a CB550 and took this back on trade, I wish I could keep it, but I can't, he has put 100 miles on it (it now has 130 total since its restoration), pink slip in his name, ready to ride, dialed in and FAST! Contact me at [email protected], serious offers only, check web site for all the details of it. www.lossaengineering.com

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice looking bike. Not sure the history would make it any more valuable to me but maybe to someone else. She is a beauty though

·
Registered
306 Posts
man, i saw that bike when you had it on ebay....i love it. beautiful work. my only suggestion would be to add some rearsets to it...

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
what kind of offer are you looking for?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mostly followed the Fowler Formula (no belly pan or rear sets and of course kept the headlight and tail light), The pink slip and current registration is in Jason's name, plus I could get him to sign a display board I made for shows, I am asking $8K obo, that is what I was originally asking for it when I built it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
$8,000? That is big money for a little bike. It is a great looking bike so hopefully someone will step up with the dough

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, everyone, Jason decided to keep this bike too and buy the Cb550 off me. Thanx for all the kind words about the bike! Jay

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I offered enough money do you think Jason would sell me the bike and teach me to slide the 75 foot handrail then take me out to benihanas? Pass this along, he'll know what I'm talking about...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I am just curious how much a bike's cost would be pushed up by having a current celeb's name attached to it? Nothing against Jason Lee, I am sure he is a fine fellow....but it isn't like he won the Isle of Mann or something. However, I can see if it was once ridden by Steve McQueen...

Regardless, that is a sweet machine and I am happy it has found a good home.

Tex, I bet you can toss a few knives with the best of the benihana chefs..... I just don't want to be sitting at the table when you do it.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I'd pay a premium if it was owned by Robert E. Lee, never heard of Jason Lee.

Sweet looking bike....what kind of ignition? Battery in the tail section?
JohnnyB

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Jason lee must be starting a bike collection....

from the photo, "Jesse James gives "Best Custom Motorcycle 2008" award to Ian Barry and Amaryllis Knight of Falcon Motorcycles. The Bullet Falcon was built for Actor Jason Lee, seen here with the group. "

·
Registered
5 Posts
At least I like his tastes in bikes. That bike is very understated and simple, elegant even. Then you have the red little cafe bike for quick, hyper fun... man being rich must be sweet.

edit: Wow, just looked at their site. I'm stunned. Those bikes are simply beautiful. And I thought I hated choppers/bobbers. I just never saw a tasteful one, only tacky, gaudy, loud ones. Like this
http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/674451180.html

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
did you know that Jesse james lacks the muscles in his face to smile? its true, i saw it on one of the 8 tv shows with him in it.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
pete,

actually i leave throwing sharp things to casey. did you know that she is a former international collegiate axe throwing champion?

pretty damn accurate at 20 feet!

texy

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just read Jason paid $45,000 for this "Falcon" which is only a Triumph thunderbird with an early girder, and morgo 750 kit. Jason just got ripped off, and lossaengineering should have charged more money when he had the chance. Maybe lossaengineering should have put a ribbed avon speedmaster 3x18 on front and back, threw a $500 bsa m20 girder on it then called it a fusion of japan and board track racing, he might have pulled $40k.

Did I mention I'm moving to Hollywood to open a "secret" bike shop on sunset strip to sell $2k motorcycles to unsuspecting celebrities at a 2000% markup...

Here's J and Giovanni Ribisi talking about the bike. Drink the Kool-Aid suckers!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts