Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today it was about 70 and sunny here. i get a call from my buddy bucky sexton. "wanna ride dirtbikes?" i hear on the other end. fuck yeah! so he splits form work, i start changing tires, he comes over, we load up, get some snacks, some beers, and head out to our favorite place. the weather was perfect and i was finally going to get to try out my bike finaly kitted with every part against a ragged out stocker. well, lets just say, the bbr 120 kit, with the rev box, pipe, jet kit and filter and takegawa clutch makes this little bike almost perfect. enough to wheelie up about the biggest hill, but still roost in the corners. so we switched bikes. bucky has some cheap ching chan tires on it, with no sidegrip at all. and the knobs do not clear the dirt all. if youre looking to save 10 bucks on tires, dont bother. the cheng shin knobbies blow. his bike was great fun to ride. but i noticed it was not forgiving in the power, like climbing a big hill, you needed to make sure you had the momentum for it to carry you up because if you rolled out of it, you were dead. my bike would wheelie up, then if you let out to set the front wheel back down you could crack it open and continue. there was alot of really soft dirt. it was slippery and deep in spots. but not mud. we had a blast. my shoulders are killing me. i had a pretty big crash after washing the front on a long fast downhill. and bucky is still learning. but i think we have another xr100 convert.

aaron was right.

jc

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
XR100s rule! And riding in January rules too.
We're in the middle of our Januay thaw here, low 60's, the 5 foot snowbanks are down to 3 feet, some patches of ground showing through on the lawn. But this is good, we'll have a nice smooth layer of clear ice on the lakes for late January riding, hopefully through March.

FR

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats almost not fair. enjoy the thaw!

jc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts