Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Now those guys aren't moving. I need to see if I can get my welder working correctly, it doesn't seem to want to feed the wire out consistantly. It'll feed, catch, feed, hiccup, etc. I have some scrap metal I think I can work with.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Now those guys aren't moving. I need to see if I can get my welder working correctly, it doesn't seem to want to feed the wire out consistantly. It'll feed, catch, feed, hiccup, etc. I have some scrap metal I think I can work with.

·
Registered
90 Posts
quote:Originally posted by catboy

...crazy thick metal.

and clamps.
I know. I’m just sick of working on it. This setup will work fine. I plan on buying a welder this summer so I’m thinking next winter I will refine some things on the bike.

·
Registered
90 Posts
quote:Originally posted by catboy

...crazy thick metal.

and clamps.
I know. I’m just sick of working on it. This setup will work fine. I plan on buying a welder this summer so I’m thinking next winter I will refine some things on the bike.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So I don't have the material to make a loop for the rear of the bike, and didn't want to just cut off the frame behind the shocks and leave it unbraced. Would it be substancial to cut behind the existing brace and weld some metal on there to close the holes? I was just going to make my bum stop to cover that crossing metal brace and use the brace as a way to mount my brake light.

Cut along red line?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do a mock up before you cut anything. Just to make sure it is what you want to do. I was planning on cutting my frame the same way, but decided to make my seat work with the frame and just modify the seat pan. You never know u might want to make this bike original again in the future.

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
quote:Originally posted by valvesprung

Are you the same Tony Danger that used to produce rock shows in downtown Portland?
Negative. Is the rock shows like music or or actual rocks?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Haha music...

There was a cat who ran under the same name that produce some pretty good show all around sh*t hole venues in Portland, a couple that my old band played at. No worries I was just curious considering you're in the same state.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yup, I'm actually from Seattle, I'm down on the Californian border for school. Never ventured too much into Portland.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hey Matt, hows it going? School is good, loaded up on classes this quarter knowing that I won't pay attention if I have minimal classes and the sunshine is out. Nothing tough, just a lot of them.

How are things with you? How's the fam?

I buggered up my caliper adjuster bolt. Apparently I'm retarded because I couldn't get the calipers to sit right to where the wheel would spin freely when the bolts were tightened down. Sat there reading the book and everything, then the effing bolt stripped on the threaded side. Now I have to locate a bolt somehow. I'm afraid to check the shop, I know its going to be a $10 item. Besides the brakes, I'm getting closer to road worthy. Just need to build the seat, make a tail light and have my buddy weld on some metal for the rearsets.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hey Matt, hows it going? School is good, loaded up on classes this quarter knowing that I won't pay attention if I have minimal classes and the sunshine is out. Nothing tough, just a lot of them.

How are things with you? How's the fam?

I buggered up my caliper adjuster bolt. Apparently I'm retarded because I couldn't get the calipers to sit right to where the wheel would spin freely when the bolts were tightened down. Sat there reading the book and everything, then the effing bolt stripped on the threaded side. Now I have to locate a bolt somehow. I'm afraid to check the shop, I know its going to be a $10 item. Besides the brakes, I'm getting closer to road worthy. Just need to build the seat, make a tail light and have my buddy weld on some metal for the rearsets.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts