Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 71 honda CL100, from I guy I work with. The bike looks like hell but was only 40 bucks. I want to build a cafe racer with it and I was thinking of going 2-stroke. I want to get either a cr125 or cr250 dirt bike engine. It will mostly depend on what will fit and what i can find. My questions were is there an immediate problem with this idea, and how does one power a head light with a dirt bike engine.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is better about the SL frame? I am located in wisconsin, known for its long riding season. I think i am going to keep the old engine for a while atleast. I dont know if it runs it was not a real big concern of mine upon time of purchase.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Time is not an issue, money always is. I wanted a project with a lot of fab work, and as far as problem solving I am an engineering student so i love that stuff. And i like to weld.

Are the trail bike magnetos interchangeable with other bikes.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was originally looking for an engine but I think know i will look for a salvaged bike so i can get the engine and wireing and use the throttle and brake parts.

The handle bars on alot of the racers i see look like they have been simply inverted, is that true or are some of them custom built.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the idea of a mono rear shock, but all the pictures on this forum have dual rear shocks and I like the older look, I plan on upgrading to something newer and stiffer because I doubt the suspension I have was designed for a 180lb guy riding on the rear seat with potentially 4 times the power if I go 250cc.

And as far as traveling to get a bike is not a problem last week I moved around mine and my buddies bikes borrowing my dads truck.

Again thatnks for all the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.