Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm Jackson, 22, from Maine, little riding experience, tons of mechanical work, but none motorcycle related.

I figured I'd start off in this forum with a bang, so I went ahead and bought a special bike just to piss everyone here off. I bought a 72 CB350F from craigslist for $750, including another barely running parts bike. They have 17k and 24k miles respectively. The first is running well,I had it looked at by a friend who knows enough to keep me from getting ripped off. The second is beat up, but has some usable things, and If I understand correctly, it's only going to get harder to find parts. I've been reading some of the horrible things people think of this bike, but I'm young and stupid and I'll dump money and sweat into it until it works. My dad cautioned me against this model, but being the guy he is, bought a third bike, same year, same model, for himself, two hours after I bought mine.

As we work on these things together, I'm not particularly worried about the mechanical side of getting and keeping two of these bikes running, between the two of us, should be a great chance for us to yell at each other and bond. I'm looking forward to learning motorcycle maintenance as a trial by fire.

Where you guys come in is: I really like the look of cafe racers. I find choppers ugly, and I hate crotch rockets with a passion. I won't own a bike unless I can get it to look the way I want.

I figured I would start posting pictures and progress as I work on my new bike(s), and you guys could feel free to chime in and add tips, or comments, or even just to ridicule me. It's all welcome. I don't offend easily, so go nuts.

I'm including some pics of the two bikes I bought today, and I'll put up some of his soon.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i always kinda liked the 350/4's. like soda bottle hangnin off the front. kinda funny.

jc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts