Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I don't know why you said it was nothing special, looks like you have a lot od small detail work in it. That 16" rear wheel is garbage though, I've never seen one where the spokes weren't "bowed" a little bit just to get that harley drop center wheel to fit.

·
Registered
830 Posts
This should go in the Pet Peeve section - I absolutely HATE the trend of painting random parts the primary body color, especially when it is a gaudy color. I've seen this particular "styling" element increase in popularity and it needs to be stopped. Witness the CB750F in the "For Sale" section right now with the body-color chain guard. It smacks you in the face and not in a good way.

Cale - I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but please re-evaluate. Its not too late.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Like the color.
cool finned starter cover too

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know why you said it was nothing special, looks like you have a lot od small detail work in it. That 16" rear wheel is garbage though, I've never seen one where the spokes weren't "bowed" a little bit just to get that harley drop center wheel to fit.
Is this going to hurt the ride? They are some but went with it. I can always change back to 18 stock rear powdercoated. Thoughts?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
define what you mean by "the ride"? It isn't a performance setup, but with that big sidewall it will be more cushy. If you are pushing it hard in a corner you'll feel the sidewall give a little. Back when tires were marginal bias ply garbage, a 16" drop center harley rim laced to a honda hub was the hot setup to get the large rear gumbal dragster look while cheating a little extra contact patch into the tire.

Because of the extreme spoke angle most of the spoke kits imparted a little bending into the spokes to "true" up. I've never seen one fail but I personally don't like them.

I can't tell you what to do but you already bought the tire so might as well use it and replace the rim when the tire wears out (if it ever does). If I was going to go with 18" rims I would do the front and the rear and get anodized aluminum black instead of powdercoat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts