Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
thanks for all the info.

The daytona70 website is cool, i like that tank seat combo. that oil tank is nice too, i want to move mine and get rid of the side covers, im hesitant about all the rewiring id have to do though. the oil tank alone on that site is over $1000 USD.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Edited by - kawiracer on Jul 22 2007 02:54:25 AM

Edited by - kawiracer on Jul 22 2007 02:56:28 AM

Edited by - kawiracer on Jul 22 2007 02:57:45 AM

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
That is either a candy bacchus olive 73 or a freedom green 74 cb750.

Hey Kawi Racer - since you are replacing the tank anyway Let me throw this out there: I buy cb750 body sets if they are in nice shape with stock paint. I don't mind shallow dents so long as there are no creases and I can handle small scratches and the like. It would help offset the price of an expensive tank if you sold me your stock tank and sidecovers as a set (just a hint). Let me know if you are interested and I will continue this with you further.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How hard is it to mount the airtech tanks......I was looking at the CR tank for the 750 and I believe it is longer than the stock tank. any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, I figured I was going to have to trim the seat width wise as well. I just was't sure if there was some trick to fabricating a mounting point for the rear of the tank since the factory mount would be ahead of the new tank.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the 69-70 sandcast tanks and the rest of the cb750 tanks?

And why are the sandcast bikes so rare or worth so much. Sandcast parts on ebay are selling for alot. Like alot alot.

My CB750 Project:
http://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4739

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
your not planning to use your factory big fat heavey seat are you...the pan alone belongs on a car they are heavey lumps get a cafe seat you will be happy with the look and your bike will be happy to dump the wieght stock seats are so freaking heavey.And always make the old bikes look just that old and fat.

Glass from the Past, has a good supply of seats.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
the super sport tank comes up on ebay often enough and is longer has the classic look and fits right on.Glass tanks are not safe on the street.I know they look cool but they dont dent when you take a spill.

My opinion is dont create a problem its to costly and time consumming.get the tank you know fits ,the petcock is another area with your glass tank where its located and how your planning to make it work ...see the problems add up.
get the super sport tank and a cafe seat of your choice of style,paint it whatever color you want. You will not only have a classic race looking bike, but one that would sell easy when that time nears.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
i picked up a airtech CR tank and seat and i love them.
havent mounted them up yet as im still trying to come up with the best plan to do that. anyone running a CR tank?
i think it changes the whole look of the bike and sets it apart.

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts