Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this 72 CL175 for $250.00. The guy that owned it rode it for a few years, then took it apart hoping to rebuild it. He had the frame and all things previously powder coated, powder coated again. He put new carb re-build kits in and never could get it to run again. I drove eight hours in a truck I paid 50 bucks for to pick it up. Took the plugs out when I got it home and found they were terribly fouled. Tracked down the problem to the float bowl gaskets. They had compressed enough that the floats were caught on the edges and unable to close. This is what it looked like when I picked it up, the motor was out of the bike... Also had to cut the original oil filter out, it hadn't been touched since 72. Had a hard time finding a new one. The local bike shop told me they weren't making parts for my bike anymore. Found all the new parts I needed at CYCLEPARTSWAREHOUSE.COM. And I'm having the hardest time trying to get a picture to post. Any help would be appreciated. I'm computer illiterate! And my camera batteries just bit the dust...

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
read the FAQ section here for help posting pics.

tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
your local pharmacy will have new camera batteries.

tex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts