Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Moved my R5 thread here because I need more than just crank info.

What is a good resource to buy the external crank seals?

I need opinion on these Case pieces and Tins. Can't decide if I want to just leave them, repaint, or find better ones.

Tank is worse than it looks. Really faded. Considering wet sanding and re-clearing.

Bucket is bad

Seat is terrible.

Looking for a nice front and rear fender also.

Also BAdges,

Looking to replace all parts if someone has better pieces at a good price.

Please PM me.

Replaced wiring harness, battery, plugs, wires today. Has good compression and plugs are firing.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Let me check on the seat for you, can you post a pic of the bottom of the seat so I can see the mounting points? My tank is about the same as yours I may have some engine covers that are better if you dont want to paint the whole motor. I bought a seal set on ebay last week that was NOS OEM for like $30 from india or somewhere. They all showed up in a couple days in Yamaha packaging and look great. Keep an eye out. HVCC or economy cycle have just about everything but prices are a little higher than you will find on ebay or the likes.

USA2strokers of 2strokeworld forums are both good resources too.

·
Registered
840 Posts
PJ1 Fast Black Epoxy Paint - Motorcycle SuperstoreHaving owned several R5's and RD350 as well as a RD400.

I would just paint the cases after a cleaning and soda blasting. PJ1 is a great paint and low cost too.

HVC cycle is a good place for parts as is other normal dealers.

You an not wet sand early Yamaha paints there more of a die on thin white paint, so any sanding will loose color not gain

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know on the wetsanding. Ill check out the Epoxy.

Marc...if I got them to you what would you charge to do the covers and maybe a set of jugs? I am not sure I will go that route with this but I am interested. PM me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, new member but I think I can help. Look on front face of old seal and you should find size in tiny writing moulded on face. Format similar to ** ** **.
Sizes are same on bearings and are stamped on edge. If you need to measure without having an original, get a Vernier caliper and measure Shaft size, Outer hole size and Depth. This is the format that it will be stamped. So a bearing/seal will say something similar to 20-32-9 where 20mm will be Shaft size, 32mm will be Outer hole size and 9mm will be Depth. You can get bearings and seals from any good local or online supplier at much reduced prices once you have worked out sizes. There will be a letter after size on some bearings, this will identify type of bearing/ seal as may have rubber seal or steel according to application. Try EBay or Eriks. There may be a 4 figure number such as 6003 on bearing, this is standard size designation and will identify bearing without having to measure as long as you quote the extra letter after if listed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts