Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Flat black paint, clubmans, and a fiberglass seat! i've always wanted a cafe racer!! Seriously though, i think Proteal55 has one of the cooler looking street bikes on this site that started out looking just like that. cool bike...strip almost everything possible tiny seat tiny tank tiny lights and a huge (relatively speaking) engine right in the middle. light bike

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Damn - I wouldn't do anything to this bike - its too nice looking as a stocker. I'll have to start another thread about chopping up perfectly nice stockers into what evers... I hope the parts you take off end up into someone else's hands for their rebuild project.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually for this bike I was thinking going more the "gentleman's express" route with intake and exhaust mods, sticky tires and good suspension. Small turn signals, CB400F bars, etc.
My '73 sprint will get the stripped down treatment!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
its a really nice bike. buy another one. i guess we should be a little more direct when we say "buy a running bike" what we should say is, "buy a running bike that needs work"!

jc

·
Registered
699 Posts
don't mess with that bike, its so beautiful!! find a heap and make a cafe bike out of it. man, that bike is so nice, i love that color!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aww..it photographs better than it is but it aint bad. I'm not going to cafe it....just change out a few things and hang on to the originals and ride it.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is what I am thinking Rosko...something like that but then that damned gold one has a fine theme going too. Maybe I need one of those really zoot Hooker two into one high pipes!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts