Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am goddamn new here but I am pretty burned out with trying to figure this out myself. I am having several clearance problems with these rearsets and my 750. Do any of you more knowledgeable guys have any close up pictures with these installed on your cb750 fours? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-binge

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
73 would be a K bike.

They mount pretty high. I have a set I am working on installing on a 73 myself and I am curious as to what clearance issues you are having as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies guys. Most of the issues involve the linkage and lever on the shifter side. I will try and post some pictures tonight. Thanks again.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
contrary to intuition the shifter rod is supposed to mount above the rearsets, not below. Sounds quirky I know but seems to work.

Go to SOHC4.us and do a search on the message board. Quite a few raask threads with pictures.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:
contrary to intuition the shifter rod is supposed to mount above the rearsets, not below. Sounds quirky I know but seems to work.

Go to SOHC4.us and do a search on the message board. Quite a few raask threads with pictures.
what's the diference between "pushing" across the top and "pulling" through the bottom if the travel is the same.

"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top." -Edward Abbey

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
quote:

what's the diference between "pushing" across the top and "pulling" through the bottom if the travel is the same.

"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top." -Edward Abbey
If both tabs are parallel to each other then it should not matter. However if you only reverse one of the tabs it reverses the shift pattern.

IT really doesn't matter except for me to say that every time I have seen a set of raask rearsets mounted this is how the linkage setup has been and since he is having clearance problems in that area I figured it might be because he has it reversed or crossed over.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:
quote:
quote:

If both tabs are parallel to each other then it should not matter. However if you only reverse one of the tabs it reverses the shift pattern.

IT really doesn't matter except for me to say that every time I have seen a set of raask rearsets mounted this is how the linkage setup has been and since he is having clearance problems in that area I figured it might be because he has it reversed or crossed over.
right on, i gotcha. a bottom-to-bottom set up would interfere with his pipes if he's not going 4 to 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts