Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here's the problem. I'm not getting a charge from the alt. I've checked the rectifier and i think it's ok. I replaced the stator with a used one that i bought online. the old stator and the new one give me the same resistance readings on my multimeter. I'm willing to admit that i might have been burned on the "new" stator that i bought, but wtf is the problem? this is a simple machine, right? anyone know of any other tests that i can try? or perhaps a book that's better that Clymer?

·
Registered
55 Posts
THere is probably a better way to troubleshoot this, but the basics should be:

1. Have your battery load tested so you can rule that out.
2. Test the stator. You may have to call the manufacturer for the values and what the leads are for.
3. test the wiring.

I had a car that wouldn't start one time. I tested the battery, starter, solenoid and all were good. It turned out that I brain-farted one day and crimped a copper terminal onto my copper battery cable. Duh. When they oxidized a little, no starty. :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
THere is probably a better way to troubleshoot this, but the basics should be:

1. Have your battery load tested so you can rule that out.
2. Test the stator. You may have to call the manufacturer for the values and what the leads are for.
3. test the wiring.

I had a car that wouldn't start one time. I tested the battery, starter, solenoid and all were good. It turned out that I brain-farted one day and crimped a copper terminal onto my copper battery cable. Duh. When they oxidized a little, no starty. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts