Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got one? i have the original "owners manual"... its cool but not real useful..

anyone got a shop manual?

1974 CL125 think its the scrambler... red with high side pipe..

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Funny thing about that owners manual, it actually gives you just about everything you need to maintain the bike, including a pretty good wiring diagram. I bought a repair manual for the bike, supposedly a factory reprint, it was almost useless. When I went back and checked the owners manual, I found the same information in it, specific to my bike ('74 CB125) The only thing the owners manual didn't get into was rebuilding, but the factory reprint was so vague about most of that stuff that I wouldn't use it anyway. Besides, these engines never need a rebuild.

FR

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No actually, the REALLY funny thing about that owners manual, is that it doesnt tell you shit. its obviously not the same one you have. but thanks for the help.

Jag so what have you done with yers yet? got mine super cheap with low miles, and a granny owned it, bought it brand new in 74...

·
Registered
61 Posts
quote:
No actually, the REALLY funny thing about that owners manual, is that it doesnt tell you shit. its obviously not the same one you have. but thanks for the help.

Jag so what have you done with yers yet? got mine super cheap with low miles, and a granny owned it, bought it brand new in 74...

·
Registered
61 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got mine super cheap with low miles, and a granny owned it, bought it brand new in 74...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my 'Out of the Barn' story for my silver CB125

Answered in ad for a CB550 which I bought. While picking it up I noticed a CB125 sitting in the back of the barn. Asked what the story was. The woman told me her Grandfather bought her the bike new in 1974, she rode it around farm for a while and then got something bigger. It had 300 miles on it was never registered and had sat in the same spot for almost 30 years with a full tank of gas. The rims were rusted through on the bottom (you could see the tubes) and the side stand was rust badly. The water came in under the wall and the bike sat in a puddle. It was also covered with some kind of bird droppings. I suggested that with no title and sitting so long the bike was just parts. For $30 I threw it on the trailer next to the CB550.
The tank and rims were junk and here's a pic of the carburetor.

I never thought it would clean up but 20 minutes in the carb cleaner and it was good as new. A winter of searching for parts and making things fit and I had a little cafe bike (pictures posted somewhere) that I have ridden for 1500 enjoyable miles. That is except for a brief trip into the bushes on Lincoln Gap Road during the 2006 MotoGiro East.

Here's a pic of the CB550, I gave it to one of my kids when it was done. He doesn't ride it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts