Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! So I have a pretty big problem here, and I'm at a loss... when I bought my Honda CB125s (1974) it ran great - revved fine, could hit 65ish (pretty good for a almost 45 year old bike). Then it sat for about four months while I turned it into a cafe racer. I took it all apart and cleaned or changed everything except for the carb/engine because it was so good. I recently finished it and about a week ago I tried to take it for a ride. It idled fine, but when you got going it wouldn't rev past 6K in first gear. It got better as I got up the gears, hitting 8 1/2 grand but not perfect. Then when I was going about 50ish it bogged down. Had to push it home. First thought was instantly the carb, and fuel delivery. I put a new petcock on the tank, and fully cleaned the carbs... twice. Lo and behold... it still wont run smooth. Then I tried to see if it was not getting enough air so I took the air-box off and tested - did not fix it. I am going to see if the timing is off but it was recently done, and the fact it simply just stopped working makes me figure it's not that. BTW, I screwed around with the carb - moving the float does not fix it. Maybe I am missing something obvious but I am at a loss. I would like to bring it to a mechanic but I am 17 and cannot afford it. Please let me know if anyone has had similar problems, or any possible solutions! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Well your story points to the obvious. It was something you changed. No idea what you "modified" so no way to know. Did you change the intake or exhaust in anyway?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts