Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to change the swingarm on my bike in order to put a larger back rim/tire on? also, i would like to relocate the foot pegs to change the riding position. Is there a standard way of doing that? do i just weld a bracket to the new location?

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I don't think you need to change the swingarm in order to run a 130 tire, so I wouldn't bother. Unless, you wanted to go with somethin like an alluminum one to look cool. In that case I have kinda looked on ebay at CR125 swingarms and they might be able to be made to work.
As far as rearets go, get out the search function on this board case they have been discussed plenty of times and there are lots of good ideas already posted.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
If SA length is the issue (and almost all the CB's handle a bit better with a longer swingarm) then just cut it and add a couple of inches.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Yeah it would be effective....might not save much weight really...but would probably be much stiffer for about the same weight.

Might be some work to adapt a modernish Aluminum swingarm to an older bike though. Would look very trick. Probably worth a shot trying to find something close. Only problem with aluminum would be any modifications needed (welding) might be a bit trickier.

JohnnyB

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts