Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished this for a co-worker, I wasn't to sure about the color till I finished it. I think it's bad ass and the owner loves it, (which is all that really matters anyway). [
][/img]

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Cool, clubmans and paint. Must be a cafe racer!!
What about rearsets? Suspension? Brakes? Seat? Wheels?
I guess I don't get it.

Ken

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kenessex

I guess I don't get it.

Ken
...then you obviously didn't notice the glaring white racing stripe on the top of the tank!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I think that's chrome trim, Matt. The rubber pad on the top of that tank sits in it.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Judeyramone

I think that's chrome trim, Matt. The rubber pad on the top of that tank sits in it.
perhaps, but there's still a stripe there too and it only makes it faster.

·
Registered
699 Posts
there is not a "59" anywhere on that bike..its not authentic. i would love to ride that bike, either doing about a half ton riding through the twisties or three quarters of a ton going down the highway...it would be nice

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no racing stripes, Just the chrome trim. The owner didn't have alot of money to play with so when he found a beat up 75 cb200 for $350 I said get it and we'll work on it a little at a time. He's got about $700 in it now and judgeing from the smile on his face it was worth every penny, (even without the rearsets and racing stripes). Thanks for the replys

·
Registered
306 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kenessex

I guess I don't get it.

Ken
it's talk like this that makes people hate this site and the people on it...it also makes you sound like "the comic book guy" of the motorcycle world....relax, and let people enjoy their bikes.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Agreed! Apparently it's really cool to be a dick to anyone who doesn't conform.

·
Registered
699 Posts
ok, so maybe that post rubbed a couple of people raw but he does have a point. cafe racers are usually HEAVILY modified. plus, clubmans with mid pegs are just plain uncomfortable. its a smooth looking old bike, but the mods don't really lend itself to cafe racer status. i don't really think that ken was trying to be a "dick" like you are accusing. but...this place is a two way street, you dont HAVE to stay on here.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Maybe I am being a dick, but the point is I still don't get it. This CB200 appears to me to be a stock bike with a set of clubman bars and a paint job. I am not saying that it isn't a nice bike, I just don't see it as much of a project. Changing bars and paint is a fairly common job. I am glad that the owner likes it, but I was pointing out that there are other things which could be done if it is a project. If it is done, then so be it, I am a dick. Bryanderr didn't seem to take too much offense to my comments either, since he replied. Plus I don't know what "the comic book guy of motorcycles" means either, so I must be stupid and a dick. From now on I will be nice to everybody and be politically correct to everybody so that nobody thinks anything bad about anybody here or the site. Group hugs all around, it is part of the cafe lifestyle that I love so much.

Ken

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Oops, my mistake. I guess he did take offense.

Ken

·
Registered
204 Posts
comic book guy from the simpsons. regardless, i want my hug NOW! or at the latest, mid ohio...Maybe posted in pictures of members rides would have been more appropriate as opposed to projects.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts