Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject pretty much says it all.

I have a 1970 CL350 and am thinking about going from a 19" front wheel to an 18". Right now on ebay there is a 18" off a 1975 CL360 with spokes and hub. I'm wondering if my drum brake assembly and axle would fit into the one off the 360.

Anybody know?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Bolt-on replacement. Drum brake wheels/hubs are the same for both bikes. Spacers are the only thing that might be different.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Incorrect. Disc brakes were optional on cb360, beginning with the first model year - 1974. That's what gives the multiple model designations, i.e. cb360, cb360t, cb360g - whatever they are. I can't say for sure about the cl360. That bike may have been equipped exclusively with the disc or with the drum, but I do know when it comes to cb360, both models (disc & drum) used the same forks, also shared by cb350 disc brake models. So... cb350 & cb360 drum brake models have interchangeable wheels, as do cb350/cb360 disc models, and all the above mentioned wheels play well with each other's forks, the only difference being spacers. In fact, all the above mentioned bikes can directly swap triples as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts