Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have an opinion on Honda's VF 750 interceptor? I have a lead on one that runs for really cheap. It's an '84.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to go see the guy on Saturday. He finally emailed me back, so we'll see...

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The guy sent me some pics - looks like it's mostly all there (and it has Yosh pipes!), some rash on the right side...

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, ken - if I get the bike I will take you up on that. If I get this bike, I'm just going to do what I need to get it running and ride it like that, ugly as it needs to be. I don't have the money or the wifely goodwill for two bike restores (two bikes was a *hard* sell) :D

For those of you who have worked on v4's -

I read some stuff on the internet about checking the cam lobes for pitting and scoring - how involved is the process of pulling the valve covers off these motors? is it something you can do in half an hour or so?

I also read that if you hear rattling that goes away as you rev, the chain adjusters are probably badly worn. How bad is this?

Are there any other gotchas about this bike I should know about?

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...well shit. the guy resubmitted his ad...

EDIT: it was a mis-post, it's still the same price, still going sunday to see it.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I didn't get it. It was more project bike than ridable beater. The tank was really rusty inside, and had a lot of bondo on it, and a mis-done Kreem job to boot. It did turn over, but it was the "it ran when I parked it" deal. Wiring needed lots of attention, salvage title, etc. It still wasn't a bad deal, and it was all there, but I can't afford another project bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts