Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
normally I would be climbing all over that like my name was curious george, but I am full up on space right now since my buddy dumped his bikes in my garage.

I am still going to call and maybe see about it however....

·
Registered
569 Posts
hey Gee...if you really need to I can pick up and hold, I'm about an hour from norwich

dch

·
Registered
85 Posts
Geeto I would totally be up there on the Amtrak right now for that 750.
Anyway is that correct? A K1 from 1973?

Banned From The Pubs..
'73 CB350(RIP)
'74 CB750K3 Cafe Thriller

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
Geeto I would totally be up there on the Amtrak right now for that 750.
Anyway is that correct? A K1 from 1973?

Banned From The Pubs..
'73 CB350(RIP)
no that is not correct, it would be a K3, but when it comes to these bikes it is really easy for them to fall into the hands of guys who don't know or could care less.

Wildcat, when you have so many hot rod cb parts you are litterally tripping over them this stuff doesn't cause you to run up and snatch it as quick as you can . I notice he didn't say anything about titles, and that makes me concerned. I do need a title for my own 1973 so I would consider this for that reason alone.

BTW, y'all wanna know why the 750s continue to trade for prices lower than the smaller bikes (like the cb350, cb400F, etc). Being a 750 it was a more popular bike and so people saved them where as a lot of the smaller bikes went to the graveyard. So now there are a lot of 750s left and not that many cb400F and 350Fs and 350Ks left. Only the rare 750s trade for any kind of big money. The rest are still in the $1000 to $2500 range for good riders. This is still a lot of money considering in the late 80's I could have bought them all day long for $100.

Edited by - geeto67 on Aug 24 2007 12:28:10 PM

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeh I hear ya, there is alot more 750's out there for cheap and because they were popular back in the day it is hard to find one in great nick and with super low miles on it. He said it got a rebuild 12000 miles ago which makes me decline cause my K3 has only 13000 on it but it would make a nice parts bike. Even for that big bore, right?

Banned From The Pubs..
'73 CB350(RIP)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
if you kept them in good tune and took care of them the SOHC cb750 was a 50,000 mile bike (even with the big bore kit). I have heard of 100,000 mile cb750s but usually there is a top end job that needs to be done right around 50K (including new cams and timing chain). the 77-78s with the big valves wear out the guides right around 30K but with modern metals you can install new guides and the bike will run on almost forever.

the pics he sent me make the bike look really good so I am really considering it. Waiting to hear if he has a title. If he does then I could definatly use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts