Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I think I may have found a garage I can work in. A buddy of mine rents one out on Vanderbilt St. I gotta check it out and make sure its big enough to actually work in. Scott, I saw that 750 and emailed the guy, still waiting on pics. I also just saw this http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/mcy/1580106539.html
looks like that one might be promising, as long as i can start it and ride it home.

·
Registered
23,294 Posts
DOHC bikes are nice bikes. More refined over the SOHC bikes and are solid overall bikes. If you want to buy a DOHC, don't buy anything but an F model, as they are the performance model with triple disc brakes and a stronger frame design. Also they take their bodywork styling from superbikes of the day and were champion racebikes in almost stock form. There are a lot of performance parts for those bikes but bodywork wise, not a lot to make them look old, and it kinda hard to do anyway. The 1981-82 models have the best brakes, but if you buy an earlier one you can swap those brakes on as well. The cb900f is essentially the same bike (even the paint scheme) but 900ccs instead of 750. The 1100F is a 1 year only bike and collectible so unless you have $3K to spend I would stay away.

There is a really good resource here: http://www.cb1100f.net/

·
Registered
23,294 Posts
I would buy that 650 over a kz400 any day of the week. there are people here who own them and love them, I am not one of those people. the problem with looking for something cheap is that you are going to have to wade through a lot of shit to find the right gem. you are 6' anyway, kz400s are tiny.

·
Registered
23,294 Posts
Sell it for more? you can't give kz400s away, I've tried (it took me 3 times to give a kz400 away for free).

Looks like a pretty clean bike. Go there and take a look, but be sure to ride it and sit on it. Those bikes are tiny and if you are over 6' tall I would just look for something else. However, it isn't bad to get into the practice of going to look at bikes and haggling with sellers, even if you end up walking away.

·
Registered
888 Posts
i guess thats the difference in location. here, you can sell a lump of shit with clubmans on it and an ace sticker for outrageous prices(scan through austin's craigslist). i like the kz's and would have gladly taken it off your hands geeto.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts