Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Muffler, fenders,shocks?
Nice paint and I bet the tires help the handling.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice looking bike. I like how there is no electrical/ battery behind the air filter. Is this just a kick start or is the battery in the tail section?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
saw the discussion of this bike on the SOHC4 forum and from what I recall, batt and electricals are in the tail. cb hondas need a battery to run so even if you went kick only you still need a battery.

Here is the thing I don't get, guy spends $700+ on a benji tank and can't spring for rearsets? maybe he is really short but I betcha that bike is a torture rack to ride.

It is a very pretty bike, and obviously well built, but I am not sure it is well thought out. More for show than go.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:
saw the discussion of this bike on the SOHC4 forum and from what I recall, batt and electricals are in the tail. cb hondas need a battery to run so even if you went kick only you still need a battery.

Here is the thing I don't get, guy spends $700+ on a benji tank and can't spring for rearsets? maybe he is really short but I betcha that bike is a torture rack to ride.

It is a very pretty bike, and obviously well built, but I am not sure it is well thought out. More for show than go.

whats gayer than clumans? clubmans without rearsets!

i could agree more!

"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top." -Edward Abbey

·
Registered
239 Posts
Are rear sets an easy add on? Where should I look for some?

I put my clubman bars on and was wondering how I was going to shift and brake from now on.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
next year i hope. gotta get that next job....gotta make that money!

this year i had planned on doing granite state, but things just kinda fell apart the week before.

i feel the love. miss hangin' with you dudes too.

cheers,

tex

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reason I didn't put rear sets on is because I don't ride the bike. I built with the intent to put clip ons and rear sets on it but before those 2 things happened I got a s2r Ducati monster and decided to sell this one. Buying a rear sets and welding them on isn't going to fetch me much more money from the sale. The tank seat combo with battery box was $2180.00 painted in case anyone is curious.

I plan on using the money to make a modern cafe out of the monster. I really think I have more fun putting these together than I do riding them.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I guess if I was going to spend over $2000 on tank, seat and paint, I would have popped a few bucks for tires, rearsets, an exhaust and shocks. It just isn't finished.
Of course that s just my opinion and I might be wrong.
Ken

AHRMA 412

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
quote:
I guess if I was going to spend over $2000 on tank, seat and paint, I would have popped a few bucks for tires, rearsets, an exhaust and shocks. It just isn't finished.
Of course that s just my opinion and I might be wrong.
Ken

AHRMA 412
exactly.

"Society is like a stew. If you don't keep it stirred up, you get a lot of scum on top." -Edward Abbey

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
...and please don't get me wrong. i think your bike really nice. good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
896 Posts
looks good i couldn't agree more with the rear set idea and exhaust i mean it's not a chopper, high speed=loud noise... and i would have gone with a total loss electric system nd gotten rid of the battery.... just my two cents

Ride Fast and Take Chances

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:
looks good i couldn't agree more with the rear set idea and exhaust i mean it's not a chopper, high speed=loud noise... and i would have gone with a total loss electric system nd gotten rid of the battery.... just my two cents

can't run battery-less on an old honda.... The closest I have seen is a cb550 called "the mantlepiece" that had a battery pack like an RC car that was used just to excite the magnets.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Guys...a total loss system does have a battery....it doesn't have an alternator....that's why it's "total loss" electrically...it doesn't charge the battery. Only suitable for racing.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
896 Posts
quote:
Guys...a total loss system does have a battery....it doesn't have an alternator....that's why it's "total loss" electrically...it doesn't charge the battery. Only suitable for racing.
JohnnyB
thank you

·
Registered
38 Posts
bike is damn near the closest thing ive seen to being right apart from the rear sets. like the bloke said, shipping it out for a new project so all the support for the lad. just trying to sell the thing and hes getting a verbal group beatin, ha. oh well.

having said that, would have been miles better with clip-ons and rear sets like, haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very good looking bike and like most of the guys here I suffer from walking into someones' house and leveling their slightly off picture on the wall:) But I've sold bikes that weren't finish and it bothers me for a while after I sell the bike and I tell myself that the next one will be complete:)

Help, I'm in desperate need of learning something useful and new:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts