Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be moving, so I have to clean out the shop. These are both 1976 Suzuki GT500's. The blue one has a title and runs good. I'll be replacing the rear flattrack tire on the blue one, because I want to keep it. Red one is parts, no title. Motor turns over, thats all I know about it. Located 50 miles north of Milwaukee,WI. $850.00 for the pair.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
curious, what is the axle to axle center measurement of those bikes?

they look 59 or 60 inch wheelbase

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
boy hack you ask some obscure questions....they are basically T500 suzuki's with different tanks (in 76 Suzuki converted the T's over to GTs and made them more touring like).

if you want to know about t500s look here:

http://www.ozebook.com/compendium/t500index.htm

it will have everything you want to know. If these were closer they would be in my garage since they are a good deal (for those not in the know GT500s are parallel twin 2 stroke 500cc bikes).

good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Anybody going to Road America in June will be driving right by them. Texy can probably deliver to the east coast in his rendering truck. If anybody is interested I might be heading that direction early in June before Road America and could look themm over and find a place to keep them if Meekador can't store them.

Geeto, come to Road America. It would be a great road trip and you could write another article for the Classic bike mag. Cover the races and the trip.

Ken

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by kenessex

Anybody going to Road America in June will be driving right by them. Texy can probably deliver to the east coast in his rendering truck. If anybody is interested I might be heading that direction early in June before Road America and could look themm over and find a place to keep them if Meekador can't store them.

Geeto, come to Road America. It would be a great road trip and you could write another article for the Classic bike mag. Cover the races and the trip.

Ken
I'll most likely be at Road America, I usely look for an excuse to race the flatracks on friday night in Plymouth. Otherwise, I'm about 45 minutes from Road America. No problem storing until june with a non-returnable deposit. Has to be out of the shop by August. If I hang on to these to long, I'll turn it into a cafe instead of my SL350. - Dan

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
"Texy can probably deliver to the east coast in his rendering truck......."

texy's truck is gonna be full, full, full! probably am gonna have to pull a trailer.

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
hmmmm

all I could find stated the GT550 was 57.5" wheelbase

my scale says longer and my eyes do too

would you mind humoring me with a measuring tape when and if you get time and are near them?

still 57.5 is too long and it looks to me like 2 inches could come out of the swing arm easy

and maybe 5 degrees less rake with an inch or two shorter forks would put it like it needs to be for flicking about

I wish my shop and stable wasn't full already

no room in my front living room either

wanna trade for some pre-69 BMW stuff?

I have a bit of /5 and later BMW stuff too

and way too much of it

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
hmmm do you have several more pix of them?

do the engines turn over in both of them? compression on either?

trans go in gear?

I may have a 72 sporty bottom end getting ready to be traded off

I probably even have heads but I know I don't have cylinders for it.

Have some new pistons for it too.

E and K start sporty but estart stuff is AWOL

really I have several different things that might tempt you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by HackAsaw

hmmm do you have several more pix of them?

do the engines turn over in both of them? compression on either?

trans go in gear?

I may have a 72 sporty bottom end getting ready to be traded off

I probably even have heads but I know I don't have cylinders for it.

Have some new pistons for it too.

E and K start sporty but estart stuff is AWOL

really I have several different things that might tempt you
Blue one runs and drives good. Red one turns over and shifts, but very low compression. Wheelbase approximately 57.75"(blue one). Can't get to them right now to take anymore pics(surrounded by other had to have projects), but have a few more I'll post.
I appreciate the trade offers, but not into anything except possibly sl/cb race parts cafe/flattrack seat,tank. Or possibly cool old dirt bikes, XR400 cheap parts or whole. Basically, I'm trying to clean the shop out and keep my XR's, SL/CB's, YZ. Only looking for an even trade or parts + cash. Thanks Dan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here you go........

I have stock airbox and bars, would like to keep the flattrack bars and rear tire. - Dan

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Diamondj is the resident T500 expert and he would know better as to what they are eligible for but I am pretty sure they are eligible for formula 500 since they are essentially the same bike as the T500 titan (tank and front end is different but everything else is the same) which was produced from 1969-1974 (the 1969s are a little different since they are a crossover from the cobra to the titan).

I know there are plenty of t500 race bikes since I was hanging out with those guys at mid-ohio in 2007 and will be again in 2008.

I would love to go to road america but I don't know if I can fit it in. schedule is pretty full these days. I need a road trip bad though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts