Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this bike up last week and am building a cafe out of it. I have a question for the battery and need some help. Where is the best place to relocate the battery on a project like this to open up that frame? The air box will go away to and be replaced with pod filters. I am assuming to just drop it down and weld a bracket for it just in front of the rear tire?? If you have pics please send. Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I saw this bike a little while back and thought it looked cool, another cb550 I believe. As far as the battery goes, I have been advised on here to get a smaller gel type battery and relocate it under the rear end of the cafe seat... the battery I ended up getting was 9ah/12v and only $34 at batteries plus, suggested by another member on here, and works great. Also for the rest of the electrical parts, you can mount them to the underside of the cafe seat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I saw this bike a little while back and thought it looked cool, another cb550 I believe. As far as the battery goes, I have been advised on here to get a smaller gel type battery and relocate it under the rear end of the cafe seat... the battery I ended up getting was 9ah/12v and only $34 at batteries plus, suggested by another member on here, and works great. Also for the rest of the electrical parts, you can mount them to the underside of the cafe seat.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Nice catch on that, Matt. I completely missed that.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Nice catch on that, Matt. I completely missed that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
starting to get somewhere now. Waiting on decals to come and have some detailing to do on it, but had it out today for a cruise around. It was nice to just get on it and go around near the house. Didn't want to venture out too far seeing how it doesn't have a tail light on it yet.

·
Registered
478 Posts
bikes looking good 3rd degree, are you putting checkered decals on it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts