Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is going to be my little project for the next couple months.Heres a couple pics from when I brought it home.

So far I have replaced the brake and clutch levers added tag lights and cleaned up the rats nest of a wiring job the PO had done.It is currently at a local shop having the carbs rebuilt.When I get it back I'm getting a H2R2 tail section from Air Tech and some 36mm clipons to go on it.I am currently on the hunt for some rear sets.Will keep updating as the bike progress's.My plans are to build a street legal H2R/KZ650 replica kind of like this.

I know mines not a two stroke...I just love the lines of 70's race bikes.....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well got the new exhaust mocked up not quite sure how I feel about it though?I do like that it's not as big and obtrusive.
Before...

and after..

I want to knock the peg holder over some so I can suck the pipe up closer to the bike it self.

And here are the clipons mounted up 100% better than the clubmans that were on there.

Well heres the finished product...

let me know what ya think...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. I'm waiting on some dzus fasteners so I can mount the H2R tail section.I'm still up in the air on the tail lights for it.I want to put two round three inch lights and have a integrated blinker brake light combo.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I run a LED tail light off of a 02-03 R1. it has integrated signals and is easy to wire in. click my project thread to take a look.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wellll the motor gods have not been to kind the past few day the #4 cylinders piston rings crapped out.But I have sourced a 750 motor I'm going to stuff in there woohoo a little more pep.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wellll the motor gods have not been to kind the past few day the #4 cylinders piston rings crapped out.But I have sourced a 750 motor I'm going to stuff in there woohoo a little more pep.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
What size is the front and rear tires you have on the bike???? I just ordered a rear tire for my cb750 (120X90 - 18) I'm kind of wondering how it will fill my rear fender. You bike is similar to mine and I can use it to compare.

thanks

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
What size is the front and rear tires you have on the bike???? I just ordered a rear tire for my cb750 (120X90 - 18) I'm kind of wondering how it will fill my rear fender. You bike is similar to mine and I can use it to compare.

thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a 130/90-18 rear and a 100/90-19 front.I really hate the way it looks and they are shitty Cheng Seng Tires so I really can't wait to get rid of them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a 130/90-18 rear and a 100/90-19 front.I really hate the way it looks and they are shitty Cheng Seng Tires so I really can't wait to get rid of them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Last Saturday the rings on the #4 piston went out so this past week I have been tearing the bike down since I have the motor out.It's being replaced with a KZ750 motor with KZ900 carbs next week.The crappy thing is when I popped the valve cover off the motor is ridiculously clean very little to no carbon build up or gunk any where.

Well got bored and partially stripped the bike to repaint the frame.Not sure on what color to go with?I found a dark metallic blue I really like but I'm not to sure how it would look.Any suggestions.Also found another mid pipe that worked better and had it all welded up looks a hell of a lot better with out all the stupid clamps all over and another plus no more leaks..Then I proceeded to paint the header and mid pipe with high temp ceramic paint.Will post pics soon.

·
Registered
699 Posts
not to nitpick, but seriously, could you not have taken the shocks off to paint the frame? exhaust looks really cool, keep up the good work

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well pulled the shocks knew I should have in the first place.Got the frame all primed and ready to go I just can't decide what color to do.I'm stuck between basic semi gloss black and a dark metallic blue.Any one have any suggestions?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update frames done looks pretty good hell of a lot better than the gold.

Next up is the body panels and the tank that will probably be on hold for about a month or so need to get the new motor paid for and tuned up.I've always been a believer in make sure it goes good before it looks good rule.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very glad you went with the blue. Not enough blue on the streets, plenty in the sky, not so on the street. Looks nice too, not saying the gold was shotty. Gold has its own thing, but imo blue for the win.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts