Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few threads that are used to rant and rave about some idiot, so I though why not start a thread for an individual or group of that has done some incredible stupid that deserves some sort of award.

Check this one out -

I went to a great cruiser night Wed (Macedon NY). There were at least a thousand bikes and 100 to 150 cars. The place was jammed with people. Well right on the street - in plane view- is a cop sitting in his car.

As things go, when a hot car or bike leaves the place, they like to make some noise and burn a little rubber. For the bikes, a little running through the gears and maybe a wheelie.

This *********** (in shorts also) pulls out on his stretched out kaw (full drag type custom sport bike) drives pass the cop then nails it (75 feet in front the cop) in a 45 mph zone. Of course the cop was not going to let this one go.

I pulled out and drove in the same direction and of course the guy was pulled over and was getting a nice fat ticked from the cop.

Now in NY - besides the ticket, you get an additional 85 bucks tacked on to the ticket by NY state.

So the 8-ball award goes to the the guy in the shorts - what was he thinking....

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I saw a guy lying dead on the side of the road last night - it sucked. Some older guy on a Harley hit a guardrail and flew 80 feet and died of skull injuries. No helmet. He was probably on his way to Bike Night at Quaker Steak and Lube (where I had just come from). Some people stopped to help him but his skull was caved in.

I despise nanny-state laws like seatbelt laws and helmet laws - but damn, that guy could be at home tonight with his grandkids if he'd had a decent helmet on. I guess he didn't have to die in a nursing home...

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Crap. Sorry to hear that. Its nothing I'd ever want to come across.

Which I why I don't ride with people that don't wear a helmet or gear.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You must be talking about the Log Cabin. I haven't made it out yet this year but will soon.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i'm doing my best to make it to the nursing home (without a caved in skull). i'd rather end up there @100 than die doing 100. i want my grand kids to be bored listening to me tell them over and over how i beat champ. this "he died doing what he loved" thing is B.S.
-parks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts