Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been buildin' custom bicycles for years and my wifes Uncle said I need to build a "real" bike. Told me to come pick up this Suzuki and do what I want as long as he gets to ride it when he's in town. Good deal!

That was day one.
I wasn't to hip on the shaft drive but I wanted to try to make it look as "cool" as possible, for as little money as possible.
I got about 150 bucks into it (bars, wrap, battery, new petcock and paint).
Here are a couple shots of the transition.

I still need to shorten cables and wire it back up and then some tlc to the aluminum bits.
I know it's not a "Cafe", but it was good practice for my next bike....guess we know what kind that one will be!!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Both bitchin' bikes. I do like the Suzook chop. A better choice than a cafe I think. Particularly with the shaft, your treatment of that detail works out well with the whole look of the bike, very clean. I like all the frame mods and the exhaust hangers. Wouldn't want to ride it all day, but I'd love to ride it around the block.

FR

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's a block hopper for sure!

Nice work bro.

Bring the cables by the house. I got a pot-o-molten fishing weights to dunk 'em in.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I like how this bike is all motor. I'd put my 1/8 mile index time on the side of the tank and call it good. Is that grip tape on the seat pan?. cool piece Kenny, cheers bcr

·
Registered
326 Posts
Great job! like it! Very cool and you have a good taste,not over done and gaudy looking.

I have a semi custom framed 883 Pro-street Chopper project in my garage that's going to take up most of my extra money and time this Summer. I love the look of the low,lean and mean style of the Pro-street/Drag style hard tail choppers.

Keep the Tank,tail section,seat pan etc. of the Suzuki and you may be able to re-use/trade/sell for you next bike(hopefully a Cafe?).

I think I have the same head light as you off an old project I had,but scrapped. Thought about using it on my new project,but I need/want a more modern light.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments!
The seat is a rubberized type of grip tape, not as uncomfortable as it looks.:D
"The right way to shorten forks" You got me, I just cut/shortened the springs and lowered the air pressure and ran the oil a little lower than recomended[:p] Don't know if that's the right way, but that's what I did. Since she's just a "wake up the neighbors" kinda bike, not a "get away for a day" bike, I figured, what the heck!
Glad you guys dig it. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts