Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some 4 into 1 headers for my gs550 but all I can find is whole exhaust systems I don't mind getting a used one and wrapping them anybody can give me some advice?

·
Registered
23,287 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm getting a dime city muffler and I want a 4 into 1 collector lol budget friendly! Honda cb550s have nice 200 buck headers but it's almost impossible to find Suzuki ones....these are universal bikes right? Can a honda cb550 fit on my gs550?��

- - - Updated - - -

I think are there affordable ones for gs550s?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 4 header pipes into a 1 collector I mean...

- - - Updated - - -

I rather a whole header tho

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
these are universal bikes right? Can a honda cb550 fit on my gs550?��

I know you are kidding but just in case someone is reading who doesn't: "With enough money time and talent" you can make anything fit - however, no out of the box they do not just bolt on.

You are experiencing one of the first universal truths about old motorcycles - they are cheap for a reason, and the cheaper they are the harder it will be to find parts. CB550 hondas still have a relatively large aftermarket support and following and other bikes do not. Does it mean they are better bikes? nope, just more popular. Usually what you save in a cheap purchase price you end up paying in a premium for parts, and vice versa.

ask over at the GS resources, someone is bound to have something. Otherwise wait till there is a big motorcycle swap meet and go check it out. Also if you have a motorcycle junkyard near you you can try to see if there is a pipe you can modify to fit if you have the right measurements.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
GS is a 'nicer' motor than CB550f (even though I've had CB550 since 1977) Suzuki is more overweight and over engineered though, 640 or 720 kit is worth the time and expense. Decent set of pipes and silencer and you can have a 150mph bike quite easily. Head needs some work for decent flow but if you only want to look like a cafe race leave things mostly stock

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
webike might have something.
I've never ordered personally, but some on here have,.

huh, nothing there except a MAC.
checked z1 and delkevic, too. Only for the gs850. I wonder if headers are interchangeable?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good answers...i can't buy used they only come in 2 into one's right? I guess I'll just save up for the delvic ones lol

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
Good answers...i can't buy used they only come in 2 into one's right? I guess I'll just save up for the delvic ones lol
I am sure someone in the past, when the bike was new, made a 4-1 header. However, I don't know how rare they are and how likely you are to find them. Again, I would ask the guys at the gs resources forum because suzuki GSes are kind of their thing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts