Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this ofrum, nice to meet ya.

Hello, I'm new to this forum, nice to meet ya.

I own an old cby and recently after 30,000( on top of another 20ish) miles its started a bit of blow by,oil burning, valves are ticking and the cam adj is all the way out and ticking! I started looking around at FZ6's and 919's and I just dig the old girl. If there is anyone out there with any info on rebuilding and part availability I would appreciate it. I'd like to bore er out and basically make the bike new again, new oil pump, elec and all.
Its a Custom but with bobbed fenders, a 60's seat and low bars. I'd like to bring the cby out of it and start showing a clean ass to the newer bikes again.

Thanks,

-J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help Ken. Do you know of some good resources for parts? I'm guessing the Honda shop and oldbikebarn. Also I would like to bore it out some, have you or anybody heard of any kits available.
Thanks again for helping a kid out.

-J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Highmeadow,
Thanks for the 411, very helpful. I think I've priced out a wiesco set that will bore it out with no sleeving.
I'll check that link out, also god to know the parts I'll need are availible.
Thanks again!

-J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ratty-550,
I thought about that and even lined one up. Last minute I decided to keep the matching number and bore the 750 out. That way I know everything is new and ready for abuse.
Plus, theres something fun about building up a 750.
Thanks for the thought though.

-J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.