Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am looking for some help locating or where to get or if it's even made. I am about to embark on my KZ650 project starting Monday. I pretty much can find everything, but what I am looking to see is if anyone knows where I can locate an after market wiring harness? I am trying to put her on a diet and lose some weight. If anyone can point me in the right direction, you would be the shiz. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
OEM-Type Bullet & Spade Electrical Connectors for 1960's through 1970's Japanese Vehicles... Bridgestone, Datsun, Hodaka, Honda, Kawasaki, Landcruiser, Suzuki, Tohatsu, VW, & Yamaha

I'm not familiar with KZ650s but I can't imagine they have a complicated wiring harness. Buy a decent connector kit with the proper crimping tool (NOT the crap they sell in hardware stores) and get to it. Yes it will take a long time but it's going to be far cheaper to make it yourself, and the chances of finding a premade harness that suits your needs are pretty slim IMHO. Plus you end up with the tools to do proper connections on anything else that will need it.

Yeah, I know the link says 70s vehicles. It will still work, electrickery doesn't know if the connection is era correct or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts