Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
:| need more information; are there any numbers on the old starter motor, what is wrong with the old starter motor and have you tried to just obtain replacement brushes for that?
… is there any indication given on the wiring diagram that applies to your particular motorcycle?
I found this: CW61-401 or CW2110-0020 that REPLACES 42X-81800-60-00, 2-BRUSH … which implies that there is a starter motor that replaces the one described as a 2 brush motor. The important thing is that the motor physically fits into the space provided on your bike. The bike doesn't really care how many brushes are contacting the armature inside its starter motor, it only cares if the gears match precisely and that it has the right power to turn the engine over.

Up here we have companies that specialize in rebuilding automotive starter motors, perhaps you should pull the old one and seek out somebody local that provides services similar to that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TrialsRider, I have found a piece that can replace the stock 2-brush with a 4-brush, and the seller/ad says that it will fit. Sorry I couldn't give you more information, I don't have the wiring diagram :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts