Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Newbie here, 0 technical/mechanical experience, and my first post.

Recently acquired an '81 Virago XV750, and a complete '08-'16 R6 R6R front fork assembly, hoping to achieve a cafe racer look eventually.

Will the forks fit?

How can I achieve the chunky tires look?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Very hard not to give you a totally sarcastic answer to your questions.
It sounds like you have both items right there in front of you, do you see any similarities between those 2 parts that would lead you to believe they can just bolt right on there and be hunky dory ?

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
The forks will fit with a little bit of effort. It's an easy beginner project. Be sure to post pictures and ask lots of questions.

And not sure what you mean by the chunky tire look. But you should be able to use a hot knife to cut the tires to achieve the look you're going for. Again, it's an easy beginner project.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As we speak, our truck is on the way to pick up the bike from the seller, while the forks are being shipped from FL to NY, then to Asia, which might take about 2-3 weeks to arrive.
I probably asked the question early to see if I need to source other parts and also have time to research on what work needs to be done

·
Registered
23,286 Posts
You have zero mechanical expirence and you what? Expected the Internet to hand you instructions on something custom?

Yes you you will need lots of other parts. It isn't just a bolt on proposition. But you also need to know how to measure for those parts. Also you are probably going to have to make parts. If you want to know how to measure then ask that question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, thinking of doing something similar with either r6 r1 forks, is there a spoked front wheel i can use on this to match the rear spoked wheel im using?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts