Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting on here, first bike, first project.
I picked this xs400 up about a month ago and the plan is to make it a cafe racer.
I am not finding a lot of information on xs400 projects. Anybody ever done anything with one of these bikes or know some helpful links?
The first few steps, possibly, are clip-ons (hopefully cheap from the local motorcycle salvage yard) and some k&n air filters. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should definitely post pics on how you did the rear sets, I am really curious how to go about it for an xs.
Also anyone familiar with what parts for an xs650 will fit a 400? Mikesxs.net has lots of stuff for 650s but I don’t know what all is compatible with 400s.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the handlebars are beastly ugly, but it is a lot funner to ride than how they were, and i can actually turn at speed now. with my presenent financial situation i have to make due with what i have, it was either brakes or clip-ons with this last paycheck. (i got brakes this check and will be ordering clip-ons next friday with any luck)

the bike needs a serious cleaning too

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well with the passenger pegs setup half the rearset work is done for you isn't it? that bike looks real nice. glad to see good things can be done w/ what i have to work with.
where did you get the rearset components, linkages etc?

i was thinking of making a bracket to raise the rearsets up a little bit so i could keep the exhaust going back, and keep the centerstand. basically an " L " that completes a triangle from the rear pegs mount and the front pegs mount up a little ways to clear the exhaust and center stand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts