Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've converted my 82 virago xv920 to a single carb. The gas tank has 2 petcocks. I ran a fuel line from both petcocks to a T line then to a fuel filter and to the single carb. I can get fuel to gravity feed to the filter.
Any suggestions?

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
If I go to a single petcock and run a line to the filter then the carb...no problem...other than I always have a half tank of gas 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I'm worried about gas flow. The bike will burn what little bit of fuel is in it an empty the fuel filter and has no fuel to run.

Registered
Almost certain your bike had a little fuel pump on it. If not sure sounds like you need one now.

... checked the parts manual and don't see one. hmmmm are you sure you are not drawing out of the reserve setting on the valve, reserve is the only setting that will empty the tank.

& if the fuel taps are vacuum controlled you need a vacuum line to that. (that's a safe feature to stop you from failing to turn it off)

Registered
Long tube normal pressure short tube is reserve and will empty the tank, the large hose fitting is your fuel outlet, the small pipe needs a vacuum from the intake manifold to turn the tap on unless you modify it. Little hex head on the bottom is the bowl where dirt and water will collect, thread that off to dump it out any time you need to, or to test the fuel flow from the tap.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I did get it working but ill look in getting petcocks with the manifold vacuum line. Right now only one is vacuumed. Ike the option the hex bolt on bottom to clean.
Thanks again!

Registered
sometimes it might look like no fuel is moving and air in the lines with that sort of set up. i see it with the older ducati - pantahs, bevels - a lot. remove the carb float bowl and hold the float up to stop fuel flowing. turn on each tap one at the time, drop the float and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts