Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my black blue 1985 Honda Nighthawk 700s for almost 20 years. In that time, it was fairly standard and then in 2014 I modified it heavily to become an adventure bike so I could ride it to Deadhorse Alaska on the Dalton Highway which it did successfully. Then it said around for a little bit and then I returned it to stock.

Last year I wanted a vintage looking bike to ride in the distinguished gentleman's ride. I converted it to a cafe racer and I think it turned out pretty nicely.

I put on the typical Clubman Style handlebars and bar end mirrors, lower the front suspension, removed all the gauges and the Fairing and the headlight and put a double headlight in its place. I put on a very modified seat that had a hump in the back to give it that Cafe look.

This year, I decided to give it a more unusual look by adding the extremely rare factory Hondaline hardbags. I also added a stock 2 up seat. I wasn't sure of the look but I actually like it. I'm curious what you guys think. 20200810_195231.jpg

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
To be honest, it looks like your exhaust pipe is falling off and you must make nice sparks at night grinding hard parts in sharp right turns :| Lowering a front suspension was never a good idea on a motorcycle unless you are converting a motocross bike with 11 inches of travel into a street bike, not sure where you ever got that idea from & no way does that make it work any better. Strongly advise you stay clear of roads with large speed bumps unless you know how to jump them (y) looks like a heavy middle aged Honda 4 with tons of room for improvement.

"removed all the gauges and the Fairing and the headlight and put a double headlight in its place" to an old guy, that's not building a cafe racer, that's what you do to a motorcycle after it's crashed bad and all those parts are destroyed :unsure:

·
Registered
76 Posts
As a former Nighthawk S owner (bought new the first year they came out), this makes me ill. Nothing you did has improved the bike one iota, with the possible exception of the bags so you can now haul a sandwich or two. Please share a pic of when you made it an "Adventure" bike, can't wait to see that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts