Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nashua, NH, Best Cycles. They have a RACING Dream 50, never run, brand new (2004) they need to unload. It is going to a "wholesaler" probably tomorrow. $4800.00 DEALER COST.

They are selling it NOW for $2800.00.

The bad. Seat has a tear, and the tank has a one-inch scratch.

I saw it today. Someone should buy this . . . . . . Retail was over $5000.00 . . . Hurry . . . .

There's one on ebay ending in 14 minutes in Weymouth MA, and it is not going to meet it's reserve of $4800 . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycles___HONDA-DREAM-50-CB50R_W0QQitemZ200296420922QQddnZMotorcyclesQQddiZ2283QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item200296420922&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72:727|65:12|39:1|240:1318#ht_500wt_1518

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Call Laurie Couture. 603 889 0163. Make her an offer . . . . . At this point, they'll listen to anyone. They also have 2 NSR 50s, brand new, also going for half price . . .

·
Registered
227 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ROSKO

good score Mr. Beth!
It was a super score! He picks it up Wed. He promises it will be on the grid in June (giving George DeCamp some competition) and not be just another piece of living room art.
For those who don't know; J. raced in the 50 class back in the '70s with a hopped up C110 so this bike, with a few mods, should be even more fun.

Beth

·
Registered
227 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ROSKO

good score Mr. Beth!
It was a super score! He picks it up Wed. He promises it will be on the grid in June (giving George DeCamp some competition) and not be just another piece of living room art.
For those who don't know; J. raced in the 50 class back in the '70s with a hopped up C110 so this bike, with a few mods, should be even more fun.

Beth

·
Registered
569 Posts
>>>and not be just another piece of living room art.

was that a shot...?

I have heard that Georges 50's have about $10k of a few mods in them..could just be bench racing talk though.....

d.

·
Registered
569 Posts
>>>and not be just another piece of living room art.

was that a shot...?

I have heard that Georges 50's have about $10k of a few mods in them..could just be bench racing talk though.....

d.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Dream 50 has an 80cc kit that you can buy directly from Takegawa. Piston, cylinder, carb, clutch, exhaust, CDI, etc, the whole shebang was on ebay for the last few weeks at $2399.00. I am pretty sure that is what George has in his engine, plus other goodies that were available, including cams and bigger valves. Of course, you can't find any of this special stuff unless you go to Japan and find it. . . . which is what i believe George did. I have all of the literature for the goodies (But it's all in Japanese . . . . but the photos are in English) and there's some special HRC stuff there. If I get around to it I'll make a scan of it and post.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts