Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank's to snorkelfork I'm back on my way to completing my '74 cl360. I have a few questions you folks might be able to answer.

1. I'm thinking of setting up some kind of rearsets. I've heard rumors of just putting the shift lever on backwards. I can deal with the backwards pattern. Have any of you tried this, and does it work? As for the other side, I have some ideas, but I'm sure someone here knows of something that is actually going to work. I'm open to any suggestions. I'm pretty handy, and my Dad is a tool and die maker with access to any fabrication tool you can imagine. So I just need a theory or maybe some pics to get a feel for what I need to do.

2. So my factory headlight has nothing wrong with it, but I have seen a lot of stunt guys around here riding with aftermarket projector lights. They are a lot smaller and look much lighter. Have any of you run something like that? Any suggestions on brands or things to watch out for?

I appreciate any help you have to offer. If any of my questions are dumb, I apologise. I've been working on bikes forever, but this is the first time I'm doing anything other than restoration or repair work. Let me tell you, it's a lot more fun building something where you can let your imagination go wild instead of a stock restoration.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
that shifter setup is typical.

weve been finding lights at pep boys for like 40 bucks a set. thats 2. and they work great, but no high beam.

jc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts