Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

you can see the pit paddock in the distance here.

yes, that is a tire wall just 8 feet off of the track. the only really dangerous place. passing is a big no-no here. there were 2 big crashes in this corner over the weekend.

thats chris' 250, a borrowed 400 that was pretty fast, and buckys rd that he crashed on before getting into t1 on l1 on his first race of the day. notice the bent clip and dirt packed into the muffler like some kind of geologic core sample? tex in the backround.

t3 with chris in the lead with another 400/4 in chase. the other guy passed chris into 1, chris passed him back, then the other guy blew up. chris won the race. jerk.

this is t11. ive been told the most demanding corner on the track. this is the kind of corner i like. one that scares you ito going way too slow. this is how it really looks. pretty blind huh?? and its a pretty fast corner. and it is a corner. if you run in too hot, you dont know until youve made it over the top, then youre on the outside in the runoff. i think most people probably go too slow, becasue of the uncertainty. a real hero corner.

can you say twisty??

oh yeah, all of the nice little cones you see, i was excited about them becasue they are all of the apex and brake points. i found out they were for the riders school. they arent usually there. eeesh.

jc

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
that track looks mighty fun. I read about the guy who died. the report said he had severe head and neck injuries. that wall definitely does not look like a fun place to shoot off. and yes, thanks for the pics joe. would definitely like to make it down there.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry about how big they are. i should have shrunk them. there is another wera race there this year. from boston, its probably about 13 hours. the crash was just before the bridge. we had conversations about trying to pass int hat corner and i think most everyone i the group decided it was almost impossible. the guy who died, crashed here. he was being passed and got his bars tangled, and into the wall he went. too bad. i cant say it shouldnt be tried, but it is really really tight. and with the run off being what it is, youre asking to get hurt. i bet they change the mound and move the armco from the left side. other than that, its an unreal track.

j

1 - 4 of 4 Posts